Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barmitsfa
    • May 2020

Push-pull training? 6 days a week?

I'm very new to training but is there anything wrong with going straight into an advanced training program like training your body parts 3x a week. working out 6x a day?
    If i'm going to start from a very small weight and slowly progress with it. should be fine right?
    Anyone recommend a program that does this style training method? I keep seeing people talk about it but I don't know exactly what written programs say it.
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

You need to hit the legs to, google Dave Draper push/pull/legs training program for some great ideas.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A.B
      VET
      • Jun 2004

I like the push pull routine but 6 days a week I would over train. Too many times a week I prefer body part once a week.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
        • May 2019

You're new to training and want to train 6 days a week? WAAAYY too much. You need to hit the gym 3 or 4 days a week TOPS. Four days max. All you need to be focusing on right now is mostly the basic, compound movements, ie, squats, deadlifts, bench press, incline press, military press, dips, pull-ups, barbell rows, barbell curls, skull crushers, and throw in some calf and ab work, like toe raises for calves, crunches and leg raises for abs. Those are the exercises that are going to pack on the muscle, and build the most strength, which by the way, the two go hand in hand. At this point you don't even want to look at a cable or machine in the gym.

You gotta remember, nutrition, getting enough sleep and rest are vital to making gainz. Many beginners often make the mistake of thinking more days in the gym equals better results. Nothing is further from the truth, ESPECIALLY for a beginner. Remember, your muscles actually grow outside of the gym, not inside. Inside your muscles are being torn down, outside is when the repair takes place, so they can grow a lil stronger and bigger than before.

Btw, for better feedback, it would help if you mention your goals, age, body type (thin, athletic, heavy), and injuries if any.
        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Working...