Peak-Muscle.com

Peak-Muscle.com (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Supplements (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Kidney Repair (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38564)

jalakes 02-12-2019 12:45 PM

Kidney Repair

I thought I read something about a supplement that repairs/improves kidney function. Can't remember the name or where I read it. Anybody have an idea of what it is?

b52 02-12-2019 01:23 PM

Astragalus root

jalakes 02-12-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b52 (Post 352514)
Astragalus root

That's it! Thanks!

theprince 02-12-2019 04:20 PM

Milk Thistle has been shown in studied to regenerate kidney cells. The silymarin in in specifically. If you're pretty serious about some major kidney support I'd recommend no less than this below as kidneys as you may know do not repair themselves even close to the extent that the liver does and nephrons are extremely sensitive to blood pressure especially.

Like B52 said: Astragalus is exceptional
also
Milk Thistle 300 mg - 1 g per day (just buy powder bulk from mountainroseherbs if on a budget)
Nettle Leaf - 1 g daily (this is really great for dissolving calcium oxalate which is exactly what kidney stones are composed of) it's also anti-allergenic and heals ulcers
Hawthorn Berry 1-2 grams daily
Dandelion Root - 1-2 grams (also acts as a mild and natural diuretic and in a healthy way is its main action is on the liver and can benefit blood pressure and lipids. It helps push old bile out of liver and gallbladder and opens up the bile ducts for better flow.
Plenty of water!!

Prince

theprince 02-12-2019 04:21 PM

Oh I didn't realize you were looking for a specific one lol. Good deal...

jalakes 02-12-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprince (Post 352525)
Oh I didn't realize you were looking for a specific one lol. Good deal...

No, that's great Prince. I remembered reading an article about astralagus root, but I will definitely be picking up all the ones you have suggested. I took a lot of NSAIDS last year for chronic pain (didn't want to take narcs) and I think they have taken their toll on my kidneys.

I appreciate your input brother.

theprince 02-12-2019 04:31 PM

Absolutely! Just curious do you have pain at the site of the kidneys?

jalakes 02-13-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprince (Post 352530)
Absolutely! Just curious do you have pain at the site of the kidneys?

No. My creatinine and gfr were off.

jrod 06-03-2019 08:39 PM

Anti inflammatories are notorious for being harsh on kidneys. Especially the stronger ones. In some ways taking narcotic pain medication is better for certain pain. Not condoning just pointing it out. And always be careful with pain meds.

Aklion 06-09-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalakes (Post 352564)
No. My creatinine and gfr were off.

If you carry a lot of muscle your creatinine will be off regardless of whether you have actual kidney damage or not. My doc insisted that something was wrong with my kidneys due to my creatinine levels. I had to actually bring him books and printed studies that showed how people who carry a lot of muscle have high creatinine levels and that it does not imply kidney damage. He is not longer my doctor, by the way

Glycomann 06-10-2019 06:25 AM

This is part of why I always say it's important to get off AAS and take an off cycle. I don't have a reference but I suspect many AAS users over 40 have increased creatinine levels when on cycle. Mine goes up to 1.5 and then goes back down to 1.2 once off cycle for some time. People really need to realize these things are toxic over time. There is a thread on Matt Porter's death over at PM. Same pattern is occurring as always. There are a hand full of older AAS/TRT guys telling the cautionary tale due to their own heart or kidney scares and there are the young bucks that want to justify their blast and cruise and or other high dose scheme. These guys have their head in the sand. Not everyone is bullet proof.

Friggemall 06-11-2019 05:43 PM

http://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/sho...ght=Astragalus