Peak-Muscle.com

Peak-Muscle.com (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Photos (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Trying A Come Back (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37888)

SauerJitsu2005 12-03-2018 03:23 PM

Trying A Come Back

After dealing with a life threatening issue, and almost losing my life, I've been back in the gym for about 8 months. I know this isn't very revealing on the photo, but I kind of took it on a whim. I have an incision on my chest, and once it heals I'll probably do more.

6'5 at 282 fat lbs. My strength is doing very well, and I'm happy to have even gotten back to this point.

https://i.postimg.cc/wBwWG3YL/4ttykk.jpg

liftsiron 12-03-2018 03:34 PM

Keep at it. I had similiar issues years ago, and made a near 100% comeback.

Big B 12-03-2018 03:36 PM

Look thick bro. Keep the results reeling in!

SauerJitsu2005 12-03-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liftsiron (Post 346201)
Keep at it. I had similiar issues years ago, and made a near 100% comeback.

Consistency has been a key thing. I know that sounds like common sense, but how many of us take those short breaks that turn in to long breaks?

My lease on life: I have the pleasure of waking up every day to a wonderful wife and kids. I get to go to work. I get to pay bills. I get to have a hobby like the gym. I almost lost all of that. I'm thankful for all of it, including paying bills. So, I might as well stay consistent with all of it.

Also, I'm glad that you've made a come back as well. Coming back from something like cancer is a big feat.

Big B 12-03-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SauerJistu2005 (Post 346204)
Consistency has been a key thing. I know that sounds like common sense, but how many of us take those short breaks that turn in to long breaks?

My lease on life: I have the pleasure of waking up every day to a wonderful wife and kids. I get to go to work. I get to pay bills. I get to have a hobby like the gym. I almost lost all of that. I'm thankful for all of it, including paying bills. So, I might as well stay consistent with all of it.

Also, I'm glad that you've made a come back as well. Coming back from something like cancer is a big feat.

Amen to all of that, brother!

SauerJitsu2005 12-03-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big B (Post 346203)
Look thick bro. Keep the results reeling in!

Thank you for the kind words, Big B.

Dawgpound_Hank 12-03-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SauerJistu2005 (Post 346204)

Great attitude amigo! You see everything in a different light now - awesome man. While I didn't face anything like that personally, I've had loved ones die from cancer. Great to see you overcame it. Keep at it my man! :yesway:

p.s - When you say about how you even enjoy paying bills - I CAN relate. While completely different than your story, I lived abroad in S.E Asia for 4 years, and witnessed some of the worst poverty one could ever see. It was a life changer for me, and totally new outlook regarding being thankful for even the very smallest things that most take for granted.

SauerJitsu2005 12-03-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank (Post 346211)
Great attitude amigo! You see everything in a different light now - awesome man. While I didn't face anything like that personally, I've had loved ones die from cancer. Great to see you overcame it. Keep at it my man! :yesway:

p.s - When you say about how you even enjoy paying bills - I CAN relate. While completely different than your story, I lived abroad in S.E Asia for 4 years, and witnessed some of the worst poverty one could ever see. It was a life changer for me, and totally new outlook regarding being thankful for even the very smallest things that most take for granted.

Thank you for the kind words.

Humility comes in many forms, doesn't it? It can teach many lessons as well.

b52 12-03-2018 09:25 PM

Hey the fact you're in the gym after something like that shows you have the mentality to accomplish it. Once you commit yourself to a goal mentally nothing can stop you. Keep at it, and keep us updated on your progress.

Big B 12-03-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SauerJistu2005 (Post 346209)
Thank you for the kind words, Big B.

Anytime my man! It's good to see big fighters like you. Keep up the good work!:headbang:

nemesis_01 12-04-2018 07:46 PM

Hell yeah fucker! Keep it up! Love you, no home.

SauerJitsu2005 12-05-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemesis_01 (Post 346370)
Hell yeah fucker! Keep it up! Love you, no home.

Booooy! It's mutual.

JayC 12-07-2018 02:02 PM

Awesome brother! Make your success story. Keep us posted.

BioQuip 12-07-2018 02:07 PM

keep at it. routine will be your new friend.

SauerJitsu2005 12-07-2018 05:01 PM

Thanks again, everyone, for the kind words. I really appreciate it. I know I don't have the build that I had a few years ago, but I didn't give up.

I am really enjoying this board and want to thank everyone for being so welcoming.