Peak-Muscle.com

Peak-Muscle.com (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/index.php)
-   General discussion (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Fire Stick (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36196)

bufbiker 10-07-2017 03:55 PM

Fire Stick

I ordered an Amazon fire stick for my living room last week. Will get it this week. It's jail broken.
I am trying to get more for less basically.
Anyone here have one or know much about them. It's second generation with Alexa voice control.
Will I still get regular tv channels? I love my car shows, scyfi like walking dead, history channel stuff like Vikings even Fox channel stuff like Lethal Weapon, Gothom.
Supposedly I'll get free hbo etc. All tga t and save $100 a month.

b52 10-07-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bufbiker (Post 331778)
I ordered an Amazon fire stick for my living room last week. Will get it this week. It's jail broken.
I am trying to get more for less basically.
Anyone here have one or know much about them. It's second generation with Alexa voice control.
Will I still get regular tv channels? I love my car shows, scyfi like walking dead, history channel stuff like Vikings even Fox channel stuff like Lethal Weapon, Gothom.
Supposedly I'll get free hbo etc. All tga t and save $100 a month.

No. It's not like regular tv. It takes some learning but you can watch a lot of stuff and sometimes live tv. Good luck though, cuz they keep disrupting the servers that stream so mine currently is down and every time I go to switch it they seem to have it disabled. They're one step ahead this time

liftsiron 10-08-2017 05:21 AM

I have playstation vue with my amazon fire stick. I like it.

bufbiker 10-08-2017 07:21 AM

Well that sucks. I'm sick of paying so much for tv. I love my DVR on the cable tv, but there are days that there's nothing on that interests me. I'm not home all that much. But when I'm there it's nice to chill in front of the old plasma screen.

basskiller 10-16-2017 03:29 AM

It's like a tv with netflix installed..
You have to switch to your firestick.
Unless you have different accounts, they want you to pay for almost everything..

The only two things I use on my firestick is netflix (which we already have an account) and kodi.. oh and youtube.

There have been times where I didn't use regular tv for weeks at a time.

bufbiker 10-16-2017 05:55 AM

I've been enjoying the fire stick. The only downfall so far is if I want to watch the news.

Glycomann 10-16-2017 07:29 AM

I use one. I have been off regular TV for about 8 months.

TheMuscleMan 10-16-2017 07:45 AM

Terrarium tv is way better than kodi. For those that don't have it you should get it!!! You won't be disappointed.

Thanks
TMM

bufbiker 10-16-2017 07:45 PM

I've just got to get my internet signal boosted. My spectrum internet service sucks.

TheMuscleMan 10-16-2017 11:07 PM

I got the 100mbs on my internet service. I run a speed test to check it every now and then and it is consistently at 115mbs. I cancelled cable and kept the internet and saved $110 a month and my firestick gets everything and more than what cable was giving me. It was well worth the $40 for the firestick.
I use terrarium more than anything else I have on my firestick, I have kodi but hardly use it anymore. Terrarium is quickly taking over from kodi.

Thanks
TMM

mrhtbd 10-19-2017 08:06 PM

How do I get a fire stick? What do I need, just an internet connection? Settling into my new apartment and trying to keep expenses down. My last experience with basic cable was that most channels were in Spanish. No offense but, "Me no speakay Espagnolo!" And, as a side, "Me no need no stinking badges eeder, Mang!"

bufbiker 10-19-2017 09:19 PM

Just Google jail broken firestick

Thate 10-20-2017 09:43 AM

like already suggested you would use the app Kodi on the firestick.

the majority of the time the stream you get is not even close to HD.

I only use streams of this sort for boxing/mma and I don't feel like waiting for an HD rip the next day.

Roughrydr 10-21-2017 09:14 AM

I've still got cable but may cancel. My new month begins on the 24th. The 23rd the new season of walking dead starts. I'm still learning my new fire stick. If I can figure where on Lodi I can watch broadcast tv and news id cancel today. With my old lady out of town and me breaking in my new stripper girlfriend ive been binge watching game of thrones. Never seen it before. But ive really been enjoying it.

TheMuscleMan 10-25-2017 05:15 PM

Just go to best buy and buy a firestick for around $40. They are real easy to modify, you can Google how to install apps on the firestick and it will pull up tutorials with pics and YouTube videos, you can go to any of them and learn how to mod the firestick for free. I would suggest you get terrarium tv, mobdro, and kodi. Terrarium tv is the best for movies and tv series. It is like kodi but 100 times better imo. Mobdro is best for live tv. Kodi would be a last resort if you can't find what you want on the others. It would take you maybe a half hour tops to mod the firestick with everything you want. Then cancel cable and save yourself some money!!! Keep your internet and upgrade to the fastest speed they have, I have 100mbs.

Thanks
TMM