Peak-Muscle.com

Peak-Muscle.com (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/index.php)
-   General discussion (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Car got stolen (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36553)

choke 02-05-2018 03:32 PM

Car got stolen

I know that we are all prone to being a bit naughty and raising hell, but friggin thieves. The kind that make it personal by stealing certain stuff, fucking low lives.

I was at dinner in a restaurant with a super busy parking lot. In there just about an hour, and when I came out, my damn car was gone.

5-0 said that it was likely that I'd picked up someone running in a ring that's in Atlanta that boosts particular types of cars. My insurance rep echoed that when she said that the insurance company isn't even going to wait the 30 days to make sure it's not recovered; they're going to go ahead and cover the loss. The rep said that she has 5 Audi R8's on her list in ATL in the past week and a half.

What I'm most pissed about is my "stuff". Since I travel a lot, I had a badass suitcase; full carbon fibre. An heirloom quality motorcycle jacket. Most of all, my f'ing briefcase. Yeah, sounds funny to be pissed about a briefcase, but that thing has been with me for a minute. The leather is so thick that the bag alone weighed 8 pounds. Then of course, two laptops and a notebook inside the bag. Oh... and two Glock 43's.

F'ing thieves.

UXL 02-05-2018 04:21 PM

So why is it so easy to steel a high end car like an R8? Tow trucks or software?

Dawgpound_Hank 02-05-2018 04:27 PM

Damn that sucks choke. If you drove a car like mine you would never have that problem - not worth stealing haha. :D

b52 02-05-2018 05:13 PM

That blows. How did you like the r8 though? 8 or 10 cylinder? I've been going back and forth between that and the lotus evora, and then my girl talks me out of it lol.

Dakota 02-05-2018 11:36 PM

Sorry Choke. Fucking thieves are the worst. I have no understanding of the idea to simply take what you want from someone you don't even know.

choke 02-06-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UXL (Post 334802)
So why is it so easy to steel a high end car like an R8? Tow trucks or software?

According to my insurance rep, and the cop that I spoke to, someone has figured out a key fob hack for Audi. Which is why my insurance isn't waiting the typical 30 days to see if the car turns up. They're making the assumption that it's just gone.

I wasn't aware of the hack; but I'm not totally surprise that one exists.

But what garbage timing. I didn't help matters by having my suit case and briefcase in the passenger seat. That in and of itself was a tempting target. I don't normally leave anything visible when the car is parked. In this case, I was going to the airport after eating; and the parking lot is a very busy one.

choke 02-06-2018 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b52 (Post 334805)
That blows. How did you like the r8 though? 8 or 10 cylinder? I've been going back and forth between that and the lotus evora, and then my girl talks me out of it lol.

Ha! They tend to do that!
The V10 is sublime. And the car, is excellent for a daily driver. I like the Evora too; but if you go and drive them back to back, the Evora feels fragile. And the power delivery of that 10 is awesome. Polite when you want it; and a beast when you put your paw down on the fun pedal.

Roughrydr 02-06-2018 08:38 AM

I'm like Hank. No one would bother stealing my '98 mustang GT. Even though it's in pretty much mint condition. It's 20 years old,
And I've had it forever. Plus it's paid for.

Friggemall 02-06-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughrydr (Post 334825)
I'm like Hank. No one would bother stealing my '98 mustang GT. Even though it's in pretty much mint condition. It's 20 years old,
And I've had it forever. Plus it's paid for.

Well that and it's yours...it would be one stupid mofo to jack anything of yours, lol.

A1food4u 02-06-2018 12:24 PM

well, that sucks.... had a jeep Cherokee limited stolen from in front of the house once, its just maddening, they found it two days later stripped...but what really insulted me was that all my cd's were still in it! fuckers!!! I got great taste in music, lil pissants

ontime34 02-07-2018 12:41 PM

Sorry bout your ride. I remember when i was stationed at Fort Bragg 8 cars were on cinder blocks with no wheels nor tires in my company parking lot. Brazen folks in this world.

b52 02-07-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontime34 (Post 334862)
Sorry bout your ride. I remember when i was stationed at Fort Bragg 8 cars were on cinder blocks with no wheels nor tires in my company parking lot. Brazen folks in this world.

This happened to my neighbors car when she was on vacation. I went to go to work and her car was left on jacks. What makes it better is that I usually would have woken up for it since my room is close to her driveway, but I took a Benadryl that night, so I was out cold. Funny how things happen like that.

mrhtbd 03-02-2018 08:46 PM

That really sucks, especially about the personal stuff. Yeah, no-one would steal my old car! No, no, no, and it’s got nothing to do with the machete on the front seat or the throwing axes! Or me watching the fences 24/7! Come-on you guys! Jeez!!

choke 03-09-2018 06:05 PM

Well, the angst of the car has passed. :-)
Although, still pissed about the personal stuff that got gone with it. But oh well.

It's kinda gotten assuaged a bit because I'm picking up my new ride in the morning. I grabbed a new BMW M4. Silver, blacked out wheels and factory tinted windows, black interior.

Insanely fun car to drive. It beats the road into submission.

Big B 04-20-2018 04:35 AM

Welcome to Atlanta, brother! Lived in the metro (Gwinnett) for the first 40.75 years of my life. Just moved the f*cked out of there this past December. Where? Way out in the country in Carnesville. Love it! People are incredible. Cost of living much cheaper. I'm a farmer now, I'm proud to say lol. Gf and I still communte to Snellville to work, even tho just 3 days a week for me. Sorry about your car, brother. Those M4 are badazz!!! I had the new GT and traded it in for a Raptor. Just too much power for an everyday car. Oh, the V6 Ecoboost is plenty of fast. I cruise on 85 going 90 and the rpm stays right at 1800...