Peak-Muscle.com

Peak-Muscle.com (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/index.php)
-   General discussion (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How do you stay so muscular? (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36798)

Glycomann 04-04-2018 07:09 AM

How do you stay so muscular?

My daughter asked me, How do you stay so muscular working out like an hour a day?

Odd because I don't really consider myself all that out of the ordinary. I do AAS cycles 2x a year roughly and TRT most of the rest of the time. So I guess that'd probably be the answer. But I train hard and I eat pretty clean with ~200 G protein, 100-200 g carbs and 100 g fats mostly based on clean foods and as much organic close to the earth stuff as I can afford on any given week. So that's probably another part of the answer.

But really, the men from my generation all played sports pretty much from the time we could run. So most of us were muscular by today's standards. Some of the doey looking guys that seem so common now were really much more of a rarity back in the 70s and 80s. If you looked around outside after school you'd see kids playing sandlot football or basketball or baseball or run the bases or pile-up or off the wall etc etc. Even the girls were doing hop scotch or jump rope or playing tennis or this or that.

Today it's video games and face in then iphone. Mom's are afraid that football will lead immediately to brain damage. Riding a bike without a helmet and knee and elbow pads is practically against the law. What a bag of ....ing pussies we have today. Are these the little flabby cunts that are going to protect our boarders? Oh wait, we have no boarders now.. Hell.. I guess it's OK to have a bunch of limp dick trannys in place of men now.

WTF happened to us? How is it that I, at 56 can be more muscular and fit than most of these young men? How is it that my own daughter sees me as the beast in the room? Honest to fukking Jebbus I hate what we've become.

Just yesterday I wanted to use a back machine and there was this tallish doe boy sitting on the machine texting or surfing or some shit on his iPhone. I asked if I could work in. He jumped up like a scared squirrel stammers and stuttered and said he was done. I said it's OK buddy we can work in. He kind of paced back and forth a little in a 3 foot space and excused himself and went to another machine. WTF.. I intimidated him that much just asking to share a piece of equipment?

I little earlier this hispanic guy was on the hammer strength decline. Same question can I work in? Sure he said and we did some sets. Then he said he was done and I said WTF what do you mean. Come on lets go over here and Tain on this one. He laughed and we did another 8 or so sets and talked and laughed between sets. The obvious difference was culture but also he was mid 40s so generationally closer to me. I learned about him, what he does for a living, that his wife eats to much, that he as a daughter in her 20s, that he likes Italian food at a certain restaurant.

Two interactions, tow very different results. In the first case we had the product of a nanny state probably from a single parent home with no male role model who lost himself in fantasy play on is Sega or whatever the .... they have today and never learned to interact with other men or at least men that have a presence. On the other hand we had a man that probably was raised in a Catholic family that learned how to work from his father and played soccer since he could kick a ball.

WTF are we going to do with all these pussies our society has made? Give them all a safe space and a Sega Genesis? Maybe 1 year mandatory military service? IDFK.

legaljuicer 04-04-2018 07:25 AM

LMAO !!! you should see my daughters boyfriend. His dad thinks he is too femmy. I think the kid (age 17) is GAY!!! He shuffles!!!! around our house!!!! Wears peach pants!!!! calls my dog puppers!!!! Nice kid and treats my daughter well but WTF!!!!!!!!

liftsiron 04-04-2018 07:29 AM

I just got a pass to workout at the local University, when I was college age I was an animal not 95% of these guys. Most of the girls work out harder.

Darkness 04-04-2018 08:10 AM

Society has attacked being male. The bigger stronger the worse and more offensive the male.

I like being offensive.

water43 04-04-2018 08:34 AM

old school meat eater caveman protector has been replaced with this peter pan[forever childish] pussies. bring back the draft a mandatory growing up plan for these puffs

Roughrydr 04-04-2018 11:30 AM

And all this is why I should have never been a parent or grandparent. I dont tolerate Male pussies. My 33 year old son called me late last week and said pop, I just wanted to call you to tell you to never stop being a basass. Then he vented over what he had gone through earlier. When kids in their early 30's are looking at me in my early 60's and recognizing there is a drastic difference our country is screwed. Because well be dead and the pussies will be in charge.

A1food4u 04-04-2018 01:29 PM

It's funny though how my daughter's never bring bun wearing idiots home... I wonder....nahhh has nothing to do with me...lol

Friggemall 04-04-2018 01:41 PM

What do you expect from a bunch of idiots in man buns, wearing pastel colored Capri pants, eating Tide pods and snorting condoms.

I agree with lifts...at planet fatness where I work out the girls do train harder than most of the guys. I've had a a few women at the gym and female friends on fb ask to train with me because I bust my ass. The guys all act like pussies, even the guys i went to school with 40 years ago that I looked up to as badasses back then.

Dawgpound_Hank 04-04-2018 02:45 PM

Probably why I don't have friends. At the get-togethers, barbecues, parties, etc my wife and her friends set up, I have a choice of talking to:

A) A 57 y.o alcoholic who always gets talking about how he used to be bigger than me when he used to work out when he was 17.
B) A 36 y.o, 350lb video-game-addicted snowflake.
C) A 33 y.o, 400lb video-game-addicted snowflake.

Other than the alcoholic who is drunk and doesn't give a rats ass about anything, most everyone else looks at me like an alien from Andromeda. So I usually just hang out with Jr & the kids for awhile, then bolt. I'm not the "let's-make-conversation-that-I-don't-give-a-fuck-about-to-fit-in" type of guy.

Glycomann 04-04-2018 07:10 PM

Probably 1/2 my friends are from the gym and over 40.

MindlessWork 04-04-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glycomann (Post 337230)
Probably 1/2 my friends are from the gym and over 40.

That has to be great to have friends who train.

I am over 50 myself and I fret about my health so no wonder I obsess about going to the gym on a regular schedule.

b52 04-04-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank (Post 337208)
Probably why I don't have friends. At the get-togethers, barbecues, parties, etc my wife and her friends set up, I have a choice of talking to:

A) A 57 y.o alcoholic who always gets talking about how he used to be bigger than me when he used to work out when he was 17.
B) A 36 y.o, 350lb video-game-addicted snowflake.
C) A 33 y.o, 400lb video-game-addicted snowflake.

Other than the alcoholic who is drunk and doesn't give a rats ass about anything, most everyone else looks at me like an alien from Andromeda. So I usually just hang out with Jr & the kids for awhile, then bolt. I'm not the "let's-make-conversation-that-I-don't-give-a-fuck-about-to-fit-in" type of guy.

Sounds like we'd be best friends

Big B 04-20-2018 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liftsiron (Post 337185)
Most of the girls work out harder.

This my friend is TRUE...

Dakota 04-20-2018 12:22 PM

Great thread. What I have noticed is that the young guys are SOFT, even the ones that are not fat. They have NO muscle underneath. I guess it is a generation that has never had any physical activity outside a couple of PE classes. It is sad. What is going to happen to these guys healthwise when they hit their 40s and 50s? A day at the beach is a eye opener. All these guys half my age with mini man tits and soft middles. They need a couple of summers on the farm.

mrhtbd 04-21-2018 01:48 PM

I am taking my massive man tits and bulging middle to the mountains for a vigorous hike in search of the “tree of woe!”
Good thread!