Peak-Muscle.com

Peak-Muscle.com (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Over 50 and beyond. (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   A post on another forum. (https://www.peak-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41145)

liftsiron 04-26-2020 06:51 AM

A post on another forum.

This is a post I made in response to a member who said he was 63 and fat worked out 6 days a week and ate only 1800 calories ed. 3 days weights 3 days cardio. He's on thyroid medication from his doctor and trt, at what doses I haven't any idea.

Ok I'm 63 been in the game a long time. Years ago I was put on synthroid T4 didn't do shit, so I switched to T3 50mcgs ed which is twice of what is normally produced, I also use hgh at 2ius ed and supplement test above normal trt. I workout 6-7 days a week on a split push/pull/legs regimen, I go by two week blocks I have four workouts and I do each 3 times withing the two week block. If I start to gain a little extra fat, I throw in an extra leg day. Studies have indicated one intense hour of legs equals 5 intense hours of so called cardio due to metabolic after burn. I'm the same height as you and weigh 180lbs. I eat roughly 3k cals per day. I don't think my metabolism has dropped much in the last 30 years. Remember I have been doing this for years and competed in bodybuilding comps for about 25 years. I think however if you adopt at least some of my strategies you will see some improvement. Nothing worthwhile comes overnight or without hard work.

01dragonslayer 04-26-2020 01:37 PM

Very respectful lifts. I agree....hard work pays off over time. Thanks for sharing.

Darkness 04-27-2020 09:04 PM

Good post lifts. To maintain a high metabolism we can’t cut food. That’s snow balls it. Either do what lifts said and/or throw in a very high carb, low fat refeed day and work out twice as hard and pump that shit through you. If you do you’ll be leaner and hungrier in a couple days.

Roughrydr 04-28-2020 07:34 AM

I just try to get all my calls from natural food. Nothing canned or boxed. If it's not fresh I dont eat it. It's been very helpful ;

Dakota 04-28-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughrydr (Post 369466)
I just try to get all my calls from natural food. Nothing canned or boxed. If it's not fresh I dont eat it. It's been very helpful ;

Same here, it is curious to note that after a couple years of very strict natural only foods (by preference, not discipline) I now feel like crap every time I eat some processed crap. I have asked myself if it is psychological because most people eat ALL crap every day, but I truly think if you are cleaning eating all the time, eating processed foods affect your body in a negative way. I think most people that eat junk all the time are just used to the affect. Kinda like a drinker drinking every day. A couple of beers does nothing, it feels normal.

Dawgpound_Hank 05-07-2020 04:30 PM

Regarding Lifts post, not enough info is there to really determine a solid answer. The guy didn't give his height or weight. He could be 5'1 and 150 and look fat. In that case he would prolly have to drop his cals even more.

liftsiron 05-07-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank (Post 369645)
Regarding Lifts post, not enough info is there to really determine a solid answer. The guy didn't give his height or weight. He could be 5'1 and 150 and look fat. In that case he would prolly have to drop his cals even more.

He said he was 5’8 266lbs or there about.

Deacon 09-08-2020 06:44 PM

i would like to see his workout routine - it probably is some off the wall style that doesnt create what he needs