Thread: Time to go back
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #26
AlphaMale
VET

AlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really niceAlphaMale is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhntruevine View Post
I understand the rest my man, but I've done my share of laying in a bed not sure if I would be able to ever workout again. I'm a liver transplant survivor & had to learn to walk again after months in bed due to infection. That was 20016 & in 2017 I contracted sepsis from my roommate at the medical rehab without knowing it it hit me & I was in a 7 day medically induced coma & back in rehab again after the hospital....so time is precious to me for sure.

So I'm ready to have at it! 56yrs old here!
Good lookin’ pics my brother.
I’m not saying I don’t appreciate every moment I have to go to the gym. My problem is not knowing how to slow down enough to heal properly. I’m OCD real bad about training. To the point I’m creating new injuries beyond what I’m already dealing with.
What I need to do is drastically change up my style of working out. I need to focus more on cardio and calisthenics and less on mass and strength. I still have the mass and strength but my frame is wearing out from all the years of weightlifting and heavy lifting in combat boots.
I spent a year bedridden due to liver failure, had my left arm surgically amputated and then sewn back on, and bled to death in the ICU at the VA hospital just a year and a half ago. I’m 100% disabled and legally housebound for life.
My doc told me most of my back problems are because my upper body weighs so much it’s crushing my spine and causing me peripheral neuropathy to the point I can’t feeel my left hand anymore.
He also told me that all of my labs are perfect except that my body mass is so great it’s caused my A1-C to be just below diabetic threshold.
So, I do appreciate every moment at the gym but I also appreciate my overall physical well-being a bit more.
I’m seeing less gym time and more outdoor time focusing on endurance and longevity in my near future.
And I say have at it too my brother. If you can keep it up at the gym then I say keep keeping on!!!

Last edited by AlphaMale; 05-19-2020 at 10:42 AM..
AlphaMale is offline   Reply With Quote