View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #8
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironaddict51 View Post
Masks reduce the chance of inhaling or exhaling viral particles by 75% If it's a N95 mask then it's 95%. It's not a perfect system , but it does prevent virus containing aerosols from passing.

There is a reason why medical staff are wearing N95's, and why medical staff infection rates are 1/2 the general population, despite working with infectious COVID positive patients on a daily basis.

I doubt Osterholm made such claims, and if he did it's probably being taken out of context.

Stop making excuses, & stop being whining little bitches and wear a mask.
That is only for the N95 and IF if it is used and worn correctly and based on the best case scenario. How many of us go through life in a "best case scenario?" How many of the masks you see people wearing are N95? Almost ZERO. The only thing that is stopping this virus from spreading is it turns out that this virus was misrepresented from the start. It does NOT easily transfer.

All this shut down is doing is stretching out the length of the time to reach herd immunity in the hopes of getting a vaccine. Do you want to take a vaccine that is forced and rushed through? I rather get sick for a week in the likelihood you will have immunity once you have contracted it.

Never in history have we quarantined the healthy people instead of the sick. In the past RURAL healthy people would quarantine for maybe two weeks to avoid polio, scarlet fever etc. when it would flare up. It won't work in an urban environment. Those that are vulnerable should have been the ones to quarantine while everyone else went about their lives and gained herd immunity so that in time the vulnerable would have a better chance of being unaffected. This approach IMO will increase the likelihood of the vulnerable eventually being exposed. Months, even a year out, there will be no herd immunity and asymptomatic people will be out and about exposing them. It took TWO YEARS for the Spanish Flu to go around the world, and it is assumed to have mutated in that time reinfecting many. Think how little people traveled back then, THAT is what we are purposely repeating with this quarantine. Let's purposely stretch this out long enough for it to mutate and start the whole process over again.

The politics of this disease will cause more deaths than that virus would have on it's own. I pray other states will join Michigan, Ohio etc and get this to the Supreme Courts wear it will be found that NO, Governors and Health officials do NOT have this authority over people and these decrees are deems entirely unconstitutional. End of rant.

Sorry if that was too political Lifts. I tried to keep political party completely out of the rant.