X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDUB
    Vet
    • Apr 2012

Joint Pain

What are you folks taking for joint pain? What brands?
    sigpic
  • Kluso
    Vet
    • Dec 2016

I want to try this stuff. https://umzu.com/products/zurelief
    I have used tumeric before when I had bad sciatica and it helped. Don’t remember what brand.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

CBD(hemp) oil and capsules best thing that I have ever used. The trick is to use enough, most people use baby amounts then claim that it doesn't work.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
        Banned
        • Apr 2018

Remember that Turmeric's bioavailability is fairly low so make sure you are getting enough in your supplement or there are Turmeric products that are specially made with better absorption rates.

Comment

• Kluso
          Vet
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by liftsiron
          CBD(hemp) oil and capsules best thing that I have ever used. The trick is to use enough, most people use baby amounts then claim that it doesn't work.
          Me wife loves her CBD oil. She has very bad arthritis in her ankle. It helps her sleep when it’s bad. A friend of mine recently gave me some CBD oil that has 4%THC from a dispensary and she really likes that one. Lol. But seriously works very well for her. But not all CBD oil is good. A lot of crap out there that won’t help so do your research.

Comment

• kriegernindo
            VET
            • Feb 2020

Originally posted by 01dragonslayer
            Remember that Turmeric's bioavailability is fairly low so make sure you are getting enough in your supplement or there are Turmeric products that are specially made with better absorption rates.
            Yes you want a Turmeric that is standardized for Curcumin as high as you can get and contains Piperine as well

Besides that, this is an effective pain solution combo (pick and choose mix and match!)

Alpha Lipoic Acid 300 mg (extremely effective for rheumatoid pain)
            MSM (1000-6000mg daily)
            Cayenne Pepper 40,000 h.u 2-3 pills daily
            Glucosamine Sulfate 1500 mg
            Collagen 6 grams (1 scoop) daily (OMG try this)
            Dandelion Root (removes sludge from the liver and lowers systemic inflammation)
            Vitamin C 2 grams
            CBD
            Magnesium Citrate / Calcium Citrate 400mg/1000mg (don't underestimate the power of calcium to help with pain. It stopped my pain from a tooth that had cracked off and I didnt go to dentist)
            Boswellia (never used but it's in a lot of pain killing supplements I sell)

Kratom 3-6 grams (herbal-rva.com then search for speciosa and it will unhide the kratom)

All in one:

Triflex fast acting

InstaFlex Advanced (great reviews but pricey and contains some ingredients I've listed above)

Comment

• JDUB
              Vet
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by liftsiron

Do you use a certain brand?
              sigpic

Comment

• Kluso
                Vet
                • Dec 2016

Pure Kana is what worked well for my wife.

Comment

• 78Steeler
                  VET
                  • Dec 2018

Fish oil works well for me. The brand is Orthomolecular.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by kriegernindo
                    Yes you want a Turmeric that is standardized for Curcumin as high as you can get and contains Piperine as well

Besides that, this is an effective pain solution combo (pick and choose mix and match!)

Alpha Lipoic Acid 300 mg (extremely effective for rheumatoid pain)
                    MSM (1000-6000mg daily)
                    Cayenne Pepper 40,000 h.u 2-3 pills daily
                    Glucosamine Sulfate 1500 mg
                    Collagen 6 grams (1 scoop) daily (OMG try this)
                    Dandelion Root (removes sludge from the liver and lowers systemic inflammation)
                    Vitamin C 2 grams
                    CBD
                    Magnesium Citrate / Calcium Citrate 400mg/1000mg (don't underestimate the power of calcium to help with pain. It stopped my pain from a tooth that had cracked off and I didnt go to dentist)
                    Boswellia (never used but it's in a lot of pain killing supplements I sell)

Kratom 3-6 grams (herbal-rva.com then search for speciosa and it will unhide the kratom)

All in one:

Triflex fast acting

InstaFlex Advanced (great reviews but pricey and contains some ingredients I've listed above)
                    Great info right here.

What s your recommended dose on the dandelion root and do you suggest a certain brand?
                    Last edited by 01dragonslayer; 05-12-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• kriegernindo
                      VET
                      • Feb 2020

Recommended daily dose is about 1000 mg daily. For stronger diuretic effect or for more proactive cyclic liver cleansing I've taken 6-8 pills daily which is like 3-4 grams. But I worked up and it's not on that high dosage long.

500mg-1500mg regularly is sweet spot

Not necessarily suggest a certain brand, although I have tried many and nature's way is by far my favorite and most effective. I would never use the NOW brand anymore because when I tried their herbs (they have decent vitamins and minerals like magnesium but that's cheap and simple) years ago I noticed much less effect from it than the nature's way brand.

Comment

Working...