View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
majortink

pilates question

ok, I've tried a few classes of pilates at the new gym and I'm getting very frustrated! I have the Winsor Pilates DVD's here at home and I tried doing it here with not much success - I thought it was because I didn't quite understand what I was suppose to be doing with the whole contract your abs thing and all so I was very excited to see pilates being offered at the gym. Well, having a trainer there hasn't helped much either. The trainer was very encouraging and all but I just couldn't do a stupid sit up without my feet coming up off the ground and pulling on my legs or pusing off with my arms if my life depended on it. I asked the trainer how long will it take after having a C section to 'get it' and she goes 'oooohhhhh, yeah it will take you longer' SHIT! I have no patience for this! As a former gymnast, not being able to do a stupid simple sit up is driving me nuts.

So, should I stick with it and just suck it up or am I a lost cause after having a C-section? Anyone know if there are certain pilates moves that will help more than others in strengthening my lower abdominals so I can do a sit up?