View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
Ripitup
VET

Ripitup is on a distinguished road
This is interesting to me and makes me feel like I need to brush off some cobwebs. I completely understand the negative feedback loop between T & E2, and have probably taught it to more people than I can count. I understand the theory of what your are stating above, however, I goes make me wonder about a couple of things. Most notably, we do need some estrogen so the agonist function of Clomid can serve a purpose.

When we discontinue a cycle and go into PCT our T levels will drop, no shocker to anyone here. However, if T is low then so is E. The negative feedback loops, and we have tons of them, are the body's way of creating homeostasis. While tricking the pituitary with the antagonist effect of Clomid is important it would seem that we still need some circulating E. The agonist function of Clomid comes in and acts or mimics E in a sense. I have never studied the different isomers of Clomid, however, it seems like enclomiphene, only serving as the antagonist, may leave an imbalance if used alone. Then again, I do realize that Clomid was developed and studied for use in women and what women need we might not.

I would be interested in more research on this topic even though I'm on TRT and won't be doing PCT. Also, has anyone used it and have experiences they can report. Is it available or even obtainable?
Ripitup is offline   Reply With Quote