Thread: Rousey Beaten
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #13
choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
RR's coach declared bankrupcy 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure he's fu%%ing her. Looks like home life is a shambles. Looked to me like she was out of shape at the weigh in. Her uchi mata entry looked like 50% speed. She was not there and got her ass beat. Simple as that.
I heard that about her coach and bankruptcy. Gotta wonder how that happened considering that she's made enough money to have paid him a fair chunk. No matter, he needs to go.

I was wondering about your thoughts on her entry being a Judo guy. The approach looked not only half speed, but straight up white belt level. At that point in the fight, she was toast however.

The thing I think that I'm most surprised by is the cognitive dissonance that seemed to be present. She was almost robotic in her comments about how prepared she was; almost as if she was convinced by sheer brainwashing. And for that dumb ass to be telling her between rounds that she's doing great. WTH?

I have to say that I hope she does get her head right and come back. In the mean time, it will be good to see HH get tested. She's probably one of the first fighters to use true boxing as a base. That in of itself isn't ground breaking for MMA, but the instincts for accuracy and timing does make the approach unique. That kick that ended the fight was instinct. So in a sense, she's as unique in her approach, as Rousey was with her Judo approach.