View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 12:36 AM   #2
choke

My accident:
Apparently, I made the mistake of trusting a guy whom I asked if he'd had too much to drink, if he could get me home; because I could not drive safely. He will be cited its DUI, I have learned.

I cannot recount the events that led up to the crash, but I have brief flashes that I am told should humor me...

So we wrecked. Bang...
I was unconscious for most of the first responder response.
I do remember the abrupt halt, some pain, looking at the windshield and appreciating the spider web, seeing the tree on the other side of the windshield. I noticed that all of the air bags had deployed, and the dust cloud that happens as a result of the corn starch that is packed into airbags. I remember thing, "wow! This car is well built", then passing out.

Then I remember seeing my friends feet, as he had either gotten out, or fallen out of the drivers seat. We're both military guys, so we are yelling at each other, trying to get to each other. Then I passed out again.

I woke up somewhat in the ER. Then I blacked out. This is when it got funny. So I am told.
A friend of mine is the traffic officer assigned to the case, who was at the ER. He said that I woke up, totally unaware of where I was, and unaware of what was going on, so I started to fight. In his report, my clothes had been cut off. So at this point, I am in polo boxer shorts adorned with martini glasses.

Somehow, I managed to get off the ER bed, and headed for the doors. 4 male nurses were coming to make sure that didn't happen; and I fought. I've been to Army SERE school. So a few on here may appreciate that. These 4 men, got a man, in extreme pain and duress, no clue where he was, highly trained got an old school Muay Thai seminar. But my police friend said that I fought as though I did not want to permanently harm them, only get away.

None the less, he hit me with a taser, and 6 others, grabbed me. And I was placed in a bed with arm restraints. Somehow, I woke up, managed to get out of the hand restraints, and made a break for the ER door. I was going faster than I thought. I was yoked by six orderlies, and placed in arm and leg restraints.

All done, with what I now know, is a broken back.
Adrenaline, plus training is a dangerous thing.

I'm still getting jokes sent to me about what I said to my soon to be ex-wife who decided to show up.