View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #32
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotgame View Post
FYI...in terms of articular cartilage repair that doesnt do crap..i mean nothing.. may help a bit with inflammation but there are better things if you are just addressing inflammation.

First articular cartialge is AVASCULAR... so if somehow those joints supps get absorbed and somehow get transported to vessels near your joints...it then runs out of roads and cant physically get to your articular cartilage to do any meaningful repair.

Two years ago we ran a multiple year study at, in my opinion, the biggest academic institution in the US, doing t1 rho imaging for cartilage repair...and joint supps didnt do crap... some of the prelim stufff i believe was published but the final is still going back and forth with editing..

I said meaningful because in theory if some of those molecules made there way into the synovial fluid via diffusion superficially it maybe could have made its way in...maaaybe but that was the premise for the study to give it hope but it doesnt work like that in real life.

Id suggest stop taking things that dont work. This is what happens with the internet and the fitness/health community. Please learn that certain things are used to build cartilage...say well if we ingest them then it must help build cartilage... ppl notice some decrease joint pain so it must be working....NOPE..its due to inflammation..ppl didnt piece together that it was impossible to work

Damn, let me peel myself up off the floor real quick. I know there's no solid proof in it actually repairing cartilage and I do take anti inflammatories for my joint pain. I look at it as if there's a slight possibility it might help it's not gonna hurt. I've done alflutop in the joint also. Do you have any suggestions on anything since you seem to have a good deal of knowledge on it or should I get ready for another shalacking?
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote