View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #19
Shawty
AE Female Member

Shawty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
What are zercher squats?

At least once a year I like to do a synthesis of bodybuilding and powerlifting, so work from about 10 reps down to sets of 4-6.

It was doing this when I realised how important it is to keep a training journal.

I found my old 'heavy training' and I am using the same weight now during high volume comp diet training!

What is your max dead lift Shawty?

335, going for 400 at the end of the year if I can get the issue with my left hand straightened out.....

Zercher Squats.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gJbgnW80mWk

Ed Zercher (a powerlifter) originated them. He did not have a squat rack, so what he actually did was put the bar on the floor as if he was going to do deadlifts, and he would squat all the way down, place the bar in the crooks of his arms and squat it that way. Most these days just pick the bar up from a low setting on the power rack. It works all the deadlift muscles. It's a form of specialty training that alot of the Westsiders use to train for deadlifts. They're AMAZING, and I've found them to help with explosion from the floor when doing deadlifts. In fact, I NEVER do speed work on deadlifts but have awesome explosion.