Thread: Bicep Peaks
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #2
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Honestly, as long as you've been pumping iron - what, 20-25 years now - if you haven't built peaks by now, you won't. Sorry to be a downer my fellow Buckeye, just being real. I've done enough of all 3 of those exercises you listed for 5 guys over 40+ years of training, and my peaks are just "OK". Peaks are purely genetic (which of course need to be brought out via a stimulus/weight training). Arnold could have done ONLY barbell curls for his bis, and still had those insane peaks. Just look at his early photos as a teen and it's obvious how they stand out.

Now, how to increase the ILLUSION of having better peaks - get shredded. The leaner you are, the better they will appear to have more peak when flexed. You prolly already knew this though.

As for my routine, I train for max stimulation, not really trying to increase the peaks as I know that's impossible at this point. So currently I do:

EZ bar curls - 15, 12, 10*, 8*
DB hammer curls - 12, 10*, 8*
DB preacher curls - 2 sets of 21's*

* = worksets
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote