View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 11:29 PM   #8
choke

LOL! I'm certainly not going to do this again.
I am still a bit in of shock over the reality that my buddy spent 18 hours in surgery, and I broke my L1.

It is still very surreal that I can do anything at all. My car is destroyed. It can be replaced, and may do so, because of the survivability of the Porsche alone.

Fortunately, the ER doc realized what was up, when I woke up fighting. 4 male nurses, were attempting to keep me from leaving the ER, and I managed to throw them. 2 more added in and I got swarmed, pinned, strapped in, and sedated. At some point, I vaguely remembered waking up with restraints on my hands. But they aren't made for guys who've been to a certain military school. I vaguely remember getting out of those, and trying to slip out again.

The ER doc was an Army surgeon and recognized my behavior for what it was, and spoke to me as a soldier, which got me swarmed again. Put back in bed, and this time strapped at hands, waste and feet.

The body is an amazing thing. While I remember almost nothing of this. The body functioned even with a broken L1.

And here I am, less than a week later, sitting in my easy chair. So fucking surreal.

I am highly bummed about a four month layoff however.
GearPro came through with an amazing prize package that arrived; and I've been dying to put it to use. Now I have to wait. But oh well, it's a good opportunity to stockpile goodies.

Write some blogs, maybe even find some suckers to stand in for the training video's that I was about to do (and load em here among other places).

I've been in a job that entails a two way firing range, overtly and discretely. There's been a share of oh shit, damn that was close moments. But none of them have sunk in like this one.

When any of ya'll have had reality checks like this, what did you do?