IGF-1 for elderly post surgery.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chainsaw1

IGF-1 for elderly post surgery.

My father is getting a knee replacement at the age of 67, to make a long story short his doctor suggested him taking IGF-1 to speed recovery time. Do this make sense or it there a better HGH product that he should take?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Studies have indicated that both hgh and igf-1 speed recovery.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• JohnnyB
      vet
      • Jul 2003

Is the Dr going to prescribe it?

JohnnyB

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

posted by jb on CEM

wound healing and igf-1

It might be nice to see if the igf+hgh was synergistic as this conclusion makes it sound or if the effect is just due to igf-1.

jb

==============
        Systemic administration of IGF-I enhances healing in collagenous extracellular matrices: evaluation of loaded and unloaded ligaments.

Provenzano PP, Alejandro-Osorio AL, Grorud KW, Martinez DA, Grindeland RE, Vailas AC, Vanderby R Jr.

ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) plays a crucial role in wound healing and tissue repair. We tested the hypotheses that systemic administration of IGF-I, or growth hormone (GH), or both (GH+IGF-I) would improve healing in collagenous connective tissue, such as ligament. These hypotheses were examined in rats that were allowed unrestricted activity after injury and in animals that were subjected to hindlimb disuse. Male rats were assigned to three groups: ambulatory sham-control, ambulatory-healing, and hindlimb unloaded-healing. Ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals underwent surgical disruption of their knee medial collateral ligaments (MCLs), while sham surgeries were performed on control animals. Healing animals subcutaneously received systemic doses of either saline, GH, IGF-I, or GH+IGF-I. After 3 weeks, mechanical properties, cell and matrix morphology, and biochemical composition were examined in control and healing ligaments. RESULTS: Tissues from ambulatory animals receiving only saline had significantly greater strength than tissue from saline receiving hindlimb unloaded animals. Addition of IGF-I significantly improved maximum force and ultimate stress in tissues from both ambulatory and hindlimb unloaded animals with significant increases in matrix organization and type-I collagen expression. Addition of GH alone did not have a significant effect on either group, while addition of GH+IGF-I significantly improved force, stress, and modulus values in MCLs from hindlimb unloaded animals. Force, stress, and modulus values in tissues from hindlimb unloaded animals receiving IGF-I or GH+IGF-I exceeded (or were equivalent to) values in tissues from ambulatory animals receiving only saline with greatly improved structural organization and significantly increased type-I collagen expression. Furthermore, levels of IGF-receptor were significantly increased in tissues from hindlimb unloaded animals treated with IGF-I. CONCLUSIONS: These results support two of our hypotheses that systemic administration of IGF-I or GH+IGF-I improves healing in collagenous tissue. Systemic administration of IGF-I improves healing in collagenous extracellular matrices from loaded and unloaded tissues. Growth hormone alone did not result in any significant improvement contrary to our hypothesis, while GH + IGF-I produced remarkable improvement in hindlimb unloaded animals.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• CG2000UK
          • Oct 2018

I am having surgery this Friday. I stopped my injections a week before surgery. I was wondering if anyone knew when they thought it would be safe to start my injections again after the surgery.
          Any help would be appreciated

Comment

• GFKINGKONG
            VET
            • Mar 2018

What about TB500. Personally dont know a lot about but have heard good things.
            How To Use TB-500: How To Build New Blood Vessels, Regenerate Muscle Tissue Fibers, Increase New Cell Growth & More With Something Called "TB-500".
            That's What She said

Comment

• Big B
              Banned
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by CG2000UK
              I am having surgery this Friday. I stopped my injections a week before surgery. I was wondering if anyone knew when they thought it would be safe to start my injections again after the surgery.
              Any help would be appreciated
              What would you be injecting?

Comment

• Big B
                Banned
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by liftsiron
                Studies have indicated that both hgh and igf-1 speed recovery.
                Yes sir. Been told Pharma igf better than Pharma hgh. Not talking healing here but for everyday bodybuilding use...

Comment

Working...