Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shawty
    AE Female Member
    • Sep 2007

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE deadlifts! I start with 8 reps, and work my way up to heavy singles. (I'm a powerlifter, lol). Then I either hit a variation of good mornings or my second love.........ZERCHER SQUATS

If you use proper form, your back will be ok. And if you're lifting big, wear a belt.

And third, Vikes are weak, Percs are where it's at
    Save a horse, ride a POWERLIFTER!!

Comment

• SarahPT
      AE Female Member
      • Sep 2007

I hate deadlifts but I do them anyway. I just did them 2 days ago after having a month off from weights. OUCH!!!
      Personal trainer, sports nutritionist, figure coach, freelance writer, distance runner, and insane person

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com

Comment

• Tatyana
        Female Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Shawty
        I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE deadlifts! I start with 8 reps, and work my way up to heavy singles. (I'm a powerlifter, lol). Then I either hit a variation of good mornings or my second love.........ZERCHER SQUATS

If you use proper form, your back will be ok. And if you're lifting big, wear a belt.

And third, Vikes are weak, Percs are where it's at

What are zercher squats?

At least once a year I like to do a synthesis of bodybuilding and powerlifting, so work from about 10 reps down to sets of 4-6.

It was doing this when I realised how important it is to keep a training journal.

I found my old 'heavy training' and I am using the same weight now during high volume comp diet training!

What is your max dead lift Shawty?
        I have a crush on drVJ. I heard all the ladies do. He is sooo fine.

Comment

• Shawty
          AE Female Member
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Tatyana
          What are zercher squats?

At least once a year I like to do a synthesis of bodybuilding and powerlifting, so work from about 10 reps down to sets of 4-6.

It was doing this when I realised how important it is to keep a training journal.

I found my old 'heavy training' and I am using the same weight now during high volume comp diet training!

What is your max dead lift Shawty?

335, going for 400 at the end of the year if I can get the issue with my left hand straightened out.....

Zercher Squats.....

Ed Zercher (a powerlifter) originated them. He did not have a squat rack, so what he actually did was put the bar on the floor as if he was going to do deadlifts, and he would squat all the way down, place the bar in the crooks of his arms and squat it that way. Most these days just pick the bar up from a low setting on the power rack. It works all the deadlift muscles. It's a form of specialty training that alot of the Westsiders use to train for deadlifts. They're AMAZING, and I've found them to help with explosion from the floor when doing deadlifts. In fact, I NEVER do speed work on deadlifts but have awesome explosion.
          Save a horse, ride a POWERLIFTER!!

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

nice ,shawty got wheels

Comment

• P. Bateman
              Vet
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Ms.Wetback
              I love legs period.................nothing like a good burn ! !
              I imagine I'd love your legs too.
              “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

^^^sCHMOE ALERT

Comment

• swoleman

Deadlifts are sooo beneficial its just all about proper form and you wont get injured!

Comment

• emereerymboky

I love deadlifts

That was a great post Dazed410.
                    Very informative

Now i have a question.

If you were Courtney Love would u sell your dead husbands journal to a publishing company?

Comment

Working...