Did hair implant. Should I quit steroids?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shinobi
    Vet
    • Mar 2010

Did hair implant. Should I quit steroids?

I´ve be on for years in a row. I judt did a hair transplant and I was wondering if I should quit steroids at least for 6 months. The new hair start to grow in 3 months. What you guys think? THANKS!!!
  • A.B
    VET
    • Jun 2004

If you don't plan on getting another one done i would quit for life. Are you running propecia?

Comment

• Glycomann

Use the topical 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. It will work and wont kill your dick.

Comment

• Shinobi
        Vet
        • Mar 2010

The implanted hair never dies. But I was wondering that now that the implanted hair are in the process of growing if I should quit steroids for at least 6 months. Thats whats worries me.

Comment

• A.B
          VET
          • Jun 2004

True the implanted hair won't fall out as its DHT resistant but I'm talking about the rest of the non dht resistant hair on the top of your head

If you continue your hair will continue to fall out as it was continuing. I had a ht and have done a few cycles after. The hair won't fall out but transplanted hair is only so thick, and can only cover so much.

I wouldn't run a cycle til the 6th month mark when the hair is settled and excess DHT and derivatives aren't floating around in full force

Comment

• Shinobi
            Vet
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by A.B
            True the implanted hair won't fall out as its DHT resistant but I'm talking about the rest of the non dht resistant hair on the top of your head

If you continue your hair will continue to fall out as it was continuing. I had a ht and have done a few cycles after. The hair won't fall out but transplanted hair is only so thick, and can only cover so much.

I wouldn't run a cycle til the 6th month mark when the hair is settled and excess DHT and derivatives aren't floating around in full force
            Good point but honestly with roids or not I think losing hair its a genetic thing. You see bb´s like Jay Cutler full of hair. Point being: even if I quit roids if my hair has to fall out it will. Its a genetic thing. My brother its only one year older than me and never used roids and he is balder than me.
            Thanks!!!

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Shinobi
              Good point but honestly with roids or not I think losing hair its a genetic thing. You see bb´s like Jay Cutler full of hair. Point being: even if I quit roids if my hair has to fall out it will. Its a genetic thing. My brother its only one year older than me and never used roids and he is balder than me.
              Thanks!!!
              You hit the nail on the head hair loss is mostly genetic.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A.B
                VET
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shinobi
                Thanks!!!
                For sure bro absolutely it's genetic but no doubt the juice speeds it up. I'm sure were the same where we wouldn't want to look like a freak with a patch of transplanted hair and the rest fell out with the horse shoe hair

Comment

• Bubba

I have been on nonstop since 08 fairly heavy at times and have had 4 HT sessions. I had already had a consultation and explained to the doc my intentions with gear. He said go for it you won't affect the outcome or the success level of the HT. Well I can safely say 5 years later he was correct. I never slowed down ( other than one short break due to gf problems) before during or after the HT procedures and I now have more hair than most my 48 year old friends. Not sure the role genetics play but fwiw dad was bald at 35 and bro has full head of hair. Also no one knows I had it done. Hope this helps with your worries!

Comment

• A.B
                    VET
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bubba
                    I have been on nonstop since 08 fairly heavy at times and have had 4 HT sessions. I had already had a consultation and explained to the doc my intentions with gear. He said go for it you won't affect the outcome or the success level of the HT. Well I can safely say 5 years later he was correct. I never slowed down ( other than one short break due to gf problems) before during or after the HT procedures and I now have more hair than most my 48 year old friends. Not sure the role genetics play but fwiw dad was bald at 35 and bro has full head of hair. Also no one knows I had it done. Hope this helps with your worries!
                    Jesus bro how much did your ht cost? Mine ran me 10k

Comment

• Bubba

I saved a lot by doing my research and using an experienced independent doc but as you can imagine it was big coin. Current gf has no clue!

Comment

• baby1
                        • Jun 2009

Hair loss is genetic, BUT, if you have those genes, using AAS can only speed up the process. Even if you dont have the genetics for balding. AAS use can cause the hair to thin

Comment

• caladin

I cant even imagine having to deal with being bald... as in Im shaved clean have been for 12 years! Now my back in another thing all together!

Comment

Working...