View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #7
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Interesting. Back then I worked out at this place Colonie Athletic Club and the manager there, we use to call him Ned the neck, worked out a deal with the then WWF wrestlers that they could train there for free when in town for their shows. So I saw a lot of them come through in the 80s. They were some big fookers. The Ultimate Warrior use to turn purple he was on so much shit for so long. He did a lot of over head presses, probably not surprising since it was so related to his signature move. Back then it was like watching actor characters march into the gym. To bad what happened to Lex Lugger.
Similar situation when I lived in VA. There was a gym called Olympia Fitness Center in Richmond, and being down south, many of them would often stop in. This was late 80's & early 90's. I remember seeing Warlord and he was the biggest fuqqer I had ever seen IRL (even to this day). Good God he was a beast - like 6'5 and 330 and solid. His friggin' arms looked as big as my quads! I had to leave bcoz going to work, but some of my gym buds told me later he benched 5 plates for 3 so easy as if he coulda did 8-10 reps.

Famous powerlifter Anthony Clark (RIP) stopped in a couple times also and put on a benching clinic, and even though he was much stronger (obviously duh) in bench than Warlord, he was just built like a short, fat beachball - he wasn't even in the same league as appearing as freaky and intimidating as Warlord.
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote