Deadlifts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubberduckyo

Deadlifts?

I've posted this on another board but wanted to get a read on the ladies here as well. How many of you incorporate deads into your back routine?

Curious as I seem to be the only lady at my gym doing them.
    Do them
    0%
    Don't do them
    0%
  • EuroChick

I've done them as well.....I usually change it up and so it is not a part of my weekly routine but I still do put them in every 2-3 back days!!

Comment

• EuroChick

I don't think I've ever seen any girls do them here either because I go to a gym at school where most of the girls aren't into building mucsle....they think that if they lift somewhat heavy they'll turn into men. And let me assure you i'm still very much a woman.

Comment

• rubberduckyo

Originally posted by EuroChick
        I don't think I've ever seen any girls do them here either because I go to a gym at school where most of the girls aren't into building mucsle....they think that if they lift somewhat heavy they'll turn into men. And let me assure you i'm still very much a woman.
        So true. That's a HUGE misconception about ladies lifting. I see the same ones day in and out. If they are lifting? They lift the same weight week after week after week. Never challenge themselves to get stronger. It's sad. They are missing out.

I myself do deads every back day. I LOVE 'em! Get the biggest rush out of being able to lift more for more reps etc....and so far my results are speaking for themselves in this matter I think. Can't wait to cut back and see what I've accomplished.

Comment

• swollepmp

i do em but i wouldn't have if my man hadn't got me into them

Comment

• Liftingchic

I am a huge fan of deadlifts!! i did them today too

Comment

• rubberduckyo

Originally posted by Liftingchic
              I am a huge fan of deadlifts!! i did them today too

Hola, Chica!!

Welcome to the board.

Comment

• Liftingchic

hiya ducky love ya

Comment

• rubberduckyo

Much love for ya too, girly. You are truly an asset to this or any board. So glad to have you here.

Comment

• Atherjen

deads are without a doubt my FAVORITE lift. not only am I able to prove that a woman can be strong but they make me feel so powerful! they're a great overall mass builder for those looking to build more musce.

It is sad though, as I see limited females actaully attempting to deadlift, and the few that I do are using weights that would weigh less then my text books. a shame really.

Comment

• Friscochick
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by EuroChick

lol i see that all the time! lIFT A WEIGHT!! I just cant!

I do deads Rubber, i also dont do them each week. Seems to put to much strain on me. I do however, do stiff legs every week. It all depends on what your looking to achieve. Deads is more of a power lifting excercise. I really like doing them though

Comment

• ctgblue

I voted for my wife, she does them every other week.
                        I think she's somewhere around 225-250 with them.
                        She is still very much a woman too!

Comment

• IronBabe

im very interested in doing deadlifts.
                          I do squats and love it so i know ill love doing the deadlifts.
                          I have a question are you supposed to bend your knees when doing them or not?
                          im confused on how to do them correctly

Comment

• liftsiron
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by IronBabe
                            im very interested in doing deadlifts.
                            I do squats and love it so i know ill love doing the deadlifts.
                            I have a question are you supposed to bend your knees when doing them or not?
                            im confused on how to do them correctly

The actual deadlift requires a deep bend at the knees. A variation of the exercise called stiffed leg deadleg requires on a very slight bend at the knees and primarially works the glutes and Hamstrings.
                            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• IronBabe

ok, thanks so much!

Comment

Working...