View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerKy View Post
Dragon are you the author? If not, who is?

Good read and I like how they stress how dangerous messing with slin can be. I think when running slin, especially in higher amounts and/or several times a day, it is a good idea to notify a close one - wife, good friend, whateva - that you are running it and to inform them of what can happen, and how to help you if you do go hypo to a point that you can't help yourself.

I don't like all those shakes in the feeding times. I only seen 2 actual food meals listed, which isn't necessary as long as you are eating the right foods/quick carbs. Shakes do however make for being convenient, but end of the day I would prefer 4 food meals, with 2 shakes opposed to the opposite.

I experimented with slin 2x - both back in '05. I ran R, and after starting low (3 iu post-w.o), I gradually built up to 15 iu post-w.o over the course of 4 weeks. I never did go hypo, but I was super safe about it. I started at the 10g carbs per iu, but as the article stated, it's overkill for most, and eventually worked down to 5g carbs per iu with no hypo sides. I never did get the results that many see - maybe a lil smoother/fatter.

Funny thing is the ONLY time I have ever went hypo was when NOT running slin. I was using Cell Tech. I took 2 scoops at work, and about an hour later I was out on the floor and BOOM, it hit sudden and was obvious af. Immediately started sweating profusely as if it was 120 degrees outside, but it was a cold sweat. Also got dizzy, and hands started shaking like crazy. I didn't have any idea what was happening since I wasn't running slin, and it was before I even knew about slin, so I didn't even know what hypo was. I just went and took a break, and chugged down a large bottle of water. The hypo affects only lasted for about 5 mins total, and went away. I can't explain why it happened, but all I can guess is that being 2 scoops of that stuff has 75g of dextrose, along with 200mg ALA, when the sugar buzz ran off, my blood sugar levels must have plummeted - I dunno, just guessing. Maybe the ALA with it played a role since I think it makes one more sensitive to slin - all I know is that is the only time I ever experienced going hypo, and it was pretty scary when ya don't have any clue of wtf is going on.

Unfortunately I am not. I found this article on another site but could not find any references. I thought it would be great for educating insulin users and those who want to try cycling insulin.
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote