list your supplements/ bp reading

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GetBigger

list your supplements/ bp reading

wondering what people are taking to keep up their health nowadays. also take ur blood pressure/pulse and post it up with ur supps. bloodpressure isnt the tell all but its something simple to keep track of that many people dont.

bp-125/60 pulse-70. my pulse isnt considered high but considering i run over an hour a day everyday i dunno why its not low 50's.

fish oil- heart/brain
    sesamin oil- kidney/liver
    Nac- kidney
    milk thistle- liver
    garlic oil- heart/ antifungal
    naringin- hematocrit (hopefully)
    olive leaf extract- antifungal
    turmeric with meriva- cancer fighting
    coq10- heart
  • Number-LL
    Vet
    • Jan 2012

BP 114/86 with the help of Lisinopril but pulse is high 80's. Pulse has been high for a long time and don't know why. Maybe too much Armour.

1-1/2 Tbs Cod Liver Oil
    NAC 600mg 2x/day
    ALA 300mg 2x/day
    Ubiquinol 100mg
    Magnesium Citrate 225mg 2x/day
    Timed Release Niacin 500mg 2x/day
    Various other vitamins with a high potency multi-vitamin.
    I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• GetBigger

Originally posted by Number-LL
      BP 114/86 with the help of Lisinopril but pulse is high 80's. Pulse has been high for a long time and don't know why. Maybe too much Armour.

1-1/2 Tbs Cod Liver Oil
      NAC 600mg 2x/day
      ALA 300mg 2x/day
      Ubiquinol 100mg
      Timed Release Niacin 500mg 2x/day
      Various other vitamins with a high potency multi-vitamin.
      armour prolly does have something to do with your pulse being hi. has much you taking?

for me i think it maybe be cause by the antidepressant im on wellbutrin. next time im at the docs ima switch to something else.

also i forgot to mention i take culturelle to fight against candida and low dose asprin for heart health and new research shows maybe the liver as well.

Comment

• millenium girl
        • Apr 2006

My BP varies between 100/70 and 117/74, heart rate around 65-68.

I take turmeric, krill oil, a B complex and right now an iron supplement because my iron levels are alarmingly low.

I add Glutamine to my shakes - at least when I don't forget about it.

And last but not least I have one to two Shakeology a day - it contains super foods.
        Don't forget to join
        http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
        http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Number-LL
          Vet
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by GetBigger
          armour prolly does have something to do with your pulse being hi. has much you taking?

for me i think it maybe be cause by the antidepressant im on wellbutrin. next time im at the docs ima switch to something else.

also i forgot to mention i take culturelle to fight against candida and low dose asprin for heart health and new research shows maybe the liver as well.
          I take 1grain 3x a day. I didn't feel very good at 2grains. My heart rate was high even before the Armour.

I take Nystatin to help with Candida.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• GetBigger

I take 1grain 3x a day. I didn't feel very good at 2grains. My heart rate was high even before the Armour.

I take Nystatin to help with Candida.
            never heard about nystatin. looks good tho kills the yeast without effecting the good bacteria.

Comment

• Number-LL
              Vet
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by GetBigger
              never heard about nystatin. looks good tho kills the yeast without effecting the good bacteria.
              Some people that really look into say Nystatin doesn't help much with Candida but my doctor has been Rx it for many years.

Comment

• GetBigger

Some people that really look into say Nystatin doesn't help much with Candida but my doctor has been Rx it for many years.
                yeah, ive read alot saying candida will adjust to the medicine so it doesnt work anymore. same with all antifungals.

Comment

• millenium girl
                  • Apr 2006

Why the Magnesium Citrate? Are there any side effects? Do you take the caps/pills on an empty stomach?
                  Don't forget to join

Comment

• Number-LL
                    Vet
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by millenium girl
                    Why the Magnesium Citrate? Are there any side effects? Do you take the caps/pills on an empty stomach?
                    I take the citrate version because it absorbs better then the normal oxide. I usually take my supplements after breakfast. If you take way too much magnesium, you can get diarrhea but I have never had that problem. Magnesium helps your muscles and other tissues relax which can help with blood pressure.

I started with IVs of magnesium at my doctors office because I was very low. After I would finish a bag, I would walk out with what felt like a two beer buzz.

Comment

• BigMikeC

So were just talking about support supps correct?

Last I checked my blood pressure it was a little high. 130/90 i believe.

Right now I take

Omegalyze 3 twice a day
                      Cycle Support 4 at night
                      Chromium
                      Liv 52
                      Orange Triad 3 twice a day

Comment

• GetBigger

yeah no real side effects unless your allergic. its mostly used a laxative i believe. i believe for women you only need like 300mg. you might get that in your multi plus food.not positive tho. ima start taking a manesium supplement as hydrochlorothiazide can lower magnesium levels.

Originally posted by BigMikeC
                        So were just talking about support supps correct?

Last I checked my blood pressure it was a little high. 130/90 i believe.

Right now I take

Omegalyze 3 twice a day
                        Cycle Support 4 at night
                        Chromium
                        Liv 52
                        Orange Triad 3 twice a day
                        gotta add liv 52 to my sup routine

Comment

• millenium girl
                          • Apr 2006

I take the citrate version because it absorbs better then the normal carbonate. I usually take my supplements after breakfast. If you take way too much magnesium, you can get diarrhea but I have never had that problem. Magnesium helps your muscles and other tissues relax which can help with blood pressure.

I started with IVs of magnesium at my doctors office because I was very low. After I would finish a bag, I would walk out with what felt like a two beer buzz.
                          Thanks for the feedback, I might try it myself. Are they caps or tabs (or is it powder)?
                          Don't forget to join

Comment

• Number-LL
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2012

Thanks for the feedback, I might try it myself. Are they caps or tabs (or is it powder)?
                            It is a big tablet. I take these:

Discount vitamins & supplements, natural health products, organic foods and more at best prices. Money back guarantee! Shop online or call 1-800-824-4491.

Comment

• millenium girl
                              • Apr 2006

I can't swallow big tabs, I'm gonna see if I can find something smaller.
                              Don't forget to join

Comment

Working...