My Revised Diet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowJacket

My Revised Diet

Hello again, for those who read my new training routine you will see I promised a diet outline and I will detail that here.

First off, my basal metabolic rate is 3325 calories. This diet is pretty loose and forgiving, but I will follow it religiously. I have had some help with it, mainly reviews and got the 'all clear'. No matter how much you think you know, its always good to have a few people look over it.......

The diet will differ (adding/removing food choices) depending on the type of training Im doing that day or if Im even training that day. Obviously I wont be eating whole foods before my cardio day, but I will be eating whole foods on my training days.

Here goes:

Breakfast:

6 eggs whites (8 egg beaters on days I get called into work early)
    1/2 protein shake (75% whey/casein)
    1 cup rolled oats (cooked)
    1 table spoon fish oil
    2 green tea caps
    1 multi

*On cardio days, this will be 2 scoops Isopure in water)
    **Somedays I will add some lean ham or turkey in because I get burnt out on eggs.

Pre workout-

1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop BCAAs, 1/3 cup oats in water

**Workout** (usually about 9am)

Post workout-

44g of whey protein (SportLab or Pro Rated), 1/2 cup oats, & 1 scoop vitamin C powder.

Lunch- 2 grilled chicken breasts, 1 bowl fresh vegetables, 1 cheese stick

Lunch #2- 1 can of tuna, yams (sometimes brown rice), 1 cup unsalted, uncoated nuts, 1 table spoon fish oil, 2 green tea caps

Snack- Skinless chicken nuggets, cottage cheese, diet Code Red

Dinner- Salmon or Herring (some type of fish), 1 cup fresh vegetables (broccoli most likely), 4 egg whites.

Before bed-

12oz water, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, flax oil.

**Im sure Ill snack on some natural peanut butter, diet Vanilla Coke, sugar free jello and fat free/sugar free pudding on somedays. I also will be using this meal replacement shake on somedays to meet my required caloric intake:

15oz water
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder (3 carbs per scoop)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    2 table spoons flax or fish oil

I normally avoid mixing carbs and fats in the same meal, but Ive decided to allow it since I am trying to lean bulk and add 10lbs. This will all equal (with the addition or substraction of a few things) to 200-300 calories over my BMR (depending on the day). This is a bit sloppy for me, but I promise to stick to it. I normally weigh my food and measure it out carefully, but I think I can let that slip for 6 weeks.

My goal: 10 lean lbs in 6 weeks, without compromising a significant gain in bodyfat. Thanks to all who have reviewed this for me and any further review is appreciated.
  • Easto

That diet doesn't look too bad. I'm sure you won't have a problem sticking to it.

Keep us updated on your gains YJ.

Comment

• Yung Wun

everything looks good to go

Comment

• urafreak

looking foward to your results....

Comment

• elijah_123

Have you considered some simple carbs post work out? I know the body is very effecient at glycogen uptake even with out cabs post work out, but taking in simple carbs every 15 minutes for increases glucose uptake and creates a good insulin release which helps prevent post work out protein degradtion.

Comment

• FKITLETSGO

Add a faster acting carb for pwo. preferably dextrose or maltodextrin but im sure you already know this and it was simply just overlooked during the layout

Comment

• YellowJacket

Im aware most everyone uses simple carbs post workout and I used to as well, but I dont anymore. A significant insulin response inhibits lipolysis, which defeats the point of this diet. So it wasnt overlooked, just substituted. I do very well with low GI carbs pre and post workout. Most people ignore pre workout nutrition, but its probably just as important as post workout nutrition.

Comment

• YellowJacket

Drv- Going better than planned brother, I havent cheated as much as planned though, and Ive liked the results so much I probably wont cheat much, if at all. I can hold off for another 4 weeks

Comment

• FKITLETSGO

Yellow im actually curious as to how i would respond to a slower acting carb post workout and if it wcould benefit my cutting regimen as opposed to sugar

Comment

• YellowJacket

<!--QuoteBegin-FKITLETSGO+Sep 1 2003, 02:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKITLETSGO @ Sep 1 2003, 02:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yellow im actually curious as to how i would respond to a slower acting carb post workout and if it wcould benefit my cutting regimen as opposed to sugar [/b][/quote]
                    I wondered the same thing and realized the only way to know for sure was to give it a try for 4-6 weeks and Ive been doing it for about 4 months now. Once I truly bulk again, Ill go back to dextrose/malto.

Comment

• bruster

i would love to follow a diet like that.. my BMR is 3198.. but i don't know if i could eat that much!! and i know if i did i would get fat as f***! i kow it

Comment

• prolangtum

After reading many posts by Bobo, Im not so sure anymore that fast acting carbs are neccasary

Comment

Working...