Possible ruptured pec tendon last night

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Looks a lot better but takes a while to heal.

Comment

• irish_2003
      Vet
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by b52
      Looks a lot better but takes a while to heal.
      That's the mindfuck always is staying on course slow and not straying no matter how I think I feel

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
        VET
        • Feb 2017

I'd say that's bullshit having been there and done that. It will not heal and will only get worse. I'd go see a sports doctor. When I tore mine, 100% tear, my doc said it would heal. I ended up seeing the UF team doctor and he was appalled and scheduled me for surgery immediately. If you have that large of a defect, it will only continue to tear and get larger. Do what you want but I wouldn't listen to that doc.

BPP

Comment

• irish_2003
          Vet
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Bigpapapumpaf
          I'd say that's bullshit having been there and done that. It will not heal and will only get worse. I'd go see a sports doctor. When I tore mine, 100% tear, my doc said it would heal. I ended up seeing the UF team doctor and he was appalled and scheduled me for surgery immediately. If you have that large of a defect, it will only continue to tear and get larger. Do what you want but I wouldn't listen to that doc.

BPP
          It was a sports doctor...he said it will look and feel different but surgery isn't necessarily as long as I'm ok with it...he did say I'll be weaker and it will have the deformity but I'll be able to train again just gotta train differently...I'm ok with pump sets and different exercises...I'm not competing again

Comment

• irish_2003
            Vet
            • Oct 2011

I'm beginning to understand this may have been a blessing in disguise...at almost 49, I don't need to be sized up anymore....I can still do my functions for my job on and do the physical stuff...I'll still look great compared to 95% of population, even if I lose 20lbs of muscle...5'5" 187 with 17.5' arms prior to injury...

Comment

• irish_2003
              Vet
              • Oct 2011

First chest, delts, tris workout today because packers suck...just bar on inclined bb press front delt area discomfort...no real discomfort on seated hammer inclined pin stack machine but kept it very light only 30 per side and slow 5-6 second reps...just need a pump...next exercise iclined dB press palms in and together without stressing joint...discomfort if directlybabove upper chest so kept it arc'dlower to mid on movement...Declined hammer to finish chest..couldn't go to failure with 30 per side...felt it tightening more than I was confident enough to push yet...scared still..feels like a twig or pin is in the pec delt tie in...disappointed couldn't work a pec pump so to end today when I'm done with everything I'm gonna try some bodyweight reps using trx straps here
              Last edited by irish_2003; 11-06-2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Malinois53
                Vet
                • Sep 2014

my achilles got all black and blue like that. And fuck I'm on deck for an mri of my ham attachment. it isn't as jacked as you pec, but this festering burn in my glute making me insane.

Comment

• myosaurus
                  Vet
                  • Mar 2014

These major injuries usually happen to your strong bodyparts, for me it's always quads or hams.
                  Good luck ans train smart!

Comment

• irish_2003
                    Vet
                    • Oct 2011

Last week
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...