Irongirl's competition log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irongirl

Irongirl's competition log

Hi all....I had a journal last year before the comp and found it very helpful, so I decided to post one on this board (I like it here). Any comments, suggestions, whatever will be much appreciated.

I am presently 12 weeks out, comp is Sept 17th. I started dieting May 1 at 183 lbs...presently 169 and aiming for 139- which is what I weighed last year. I started my diet 20 lbs heavier ths time.

Up this morning at 5:30. Cardio 30 min on stepper, 15 minutes on bike. To work at 8:00. Will train following that. I will post my training and today's diet when I get home tonight. I'll post a couple pics too.
  • goes4ever
    • Sep 2004

alright, this is gonna be great, keep this updated as possible!

Comment

• mpresiv

keep us updated irongirl

Comment

• irongirl

alright, this is gonna be great, keep this updated as possible
        LOL..thanks...dunno how great it'll be, but here goes.....

Already told you my cardio for this morning. It's upped to 50 minutes starting tomorrow.

Worked from 8 am to 8 pm today. Trained biceps and legs after work. I train DC style. Except for legs now...because I am not looking for any more growth, I'm actually trying to tone them down to get a more balanced look. They easily overpower my upper body, so I'm going with LOW weight and high reps.

BB curls... 65 x 5/4/3 Ok, I know this sucks..lol..chalk it up to a long day?? We'll see what happens next time. Gonna have to lower some of the weight on some exercises as the diet is progressing.

Pinwheel curls...25 x 12

Leg Extensions and Lying Ham Curls...I alternate between the two with very little rest...enough to stretch a bit. 40 lbs x 20 reps for leg ext (6 sets), 45 lbs x 20 reps (6 sets) for ham curls

Leg Press...180 x 30, 180 x 20, 180 x 20

Lunges...2 sets of 20 with 25 lb DB's (my knee was not cooperating tonight- I usually do 5 sets. One knee- no ACL, multiple surgeries, other knee- patellar tendonitis- I wear a strap)

2 sets of bodyweight squats

Was not as good a workout as I had hoped tonight.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

My diet......

50 mg ephedrine, 400 mg caffeine, ,25 mcg T3 prior to cardio. 0715- after cardio, 50 gram protein shake with water and 1 tbsp flax oil, 1/2 cup strawberries

1000- 1/4 cup Fibre 1st cereal with skim milk, 1 pkg Splenda, 250 mls egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 fish oil caps, multivit

1215- grilled chicken breast, spinach salad with Light Italian dressing (supposed to have 1/2 cup brown rice but forgot

1515- 50 gram protein shake with water, 50 mg ephedrine and 400 mg caffeine

1900- (pre workout) 1/3 cup oatmeal mixed with 2/3 cup egg whites and 1 whole egg

2015- training...2 scoops Nitrous in water beforehand

During training...20 grams BCAA's in water

Immediately post workout...1 1/2 scoops protein powder with water (forgot my banana god dammit)

1 hour later (2230 hrs) 6 oz lean steak, potato (50 grms carbs)..used Molly McButter on potato, 2 fish oil caps, 2 ALA caps

Before bed I will have 1 cup FF cottage cheese with 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1 tbsp flax oil, 2 fish oil caps

Get up for cardio at 5:30 (working 12 hours again tomorrow...only a cardio day)

Comment

• irongirl

Right, a few pics....First one taken MAy 25th, second June 26th. Yes I know, I'm fat. Weight at beginning of diet 183 lbs, now 169. Had changes made to the diet today.

Comment

• goes4ever
            • Sep 2004

definite improvements between two pics, I love the detailed log, please keep it going!

Comment

• buffness

Thank you for posting this, it will be very informative for everyone

Comment

• irongirl

Thanks guys!

0600- 50 mg ephedrine, 400 mg caffeine, 25 mcg T3. Cardio x 50 minutes....35 on bike, 10 on stepper, 5 on bike....couldn't finish on the stepper, felt kinda gross this morning- it was hard. An extra 10 minutes makes a big difference.

At work now til 8 pm. I'll post my diet tonight.

Comment

• goes4ever
                  • Sep 2004

IG,
                  what is the purpose of splitting up the 50 min cardio into 3 different machines?
                  Is it better, or do you do it to prevent boredom? When I do cardio, I always do
                  the whole time on one machine

Comment

• irongirl

g4e...sometimes I split the cardio between 2 machines, only cause I'm bored or my ass hurts from sitting on the bike. Depends on my mood and my energy level. This morning I should have stayed on the bike. After 10 minutes on the stepper, I just felt sick and I really didn't think I'd finish so I hopped back on the bike. And at our gym, you can only book your equipment 20 min at a time, no double booking, so sometimes I have no choice but to split it up.

Comment

• irongirl

Non training day diet

0715- 50 gram protein shake with water

1030- 250 ml egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 sl FF cheese, 1/2 cup Fibre 1 cereal with skim milk, 1 tbsp flax oil, 2 fish oil caps

1315- 1 can tuna, spinach salad with light Italian dressing, 1/2 cup brown rice

1530- 50 gram protein shake with water, 1 tbsp flax ol

1815- 6 oz lean steak, potato (30 gr carbs), broccoli, 2 fish oil caps

2130- 250 ml egg whites, 2 fish oil caps, 1 tbsp flax oil

50 mg ephedrine, 400 mg caffeine before cardio and Meal 5

Had some changes made last night to the diet...looking forward to seeing the results

Comment

• goes4ever
                        • Sep 2004

wow that is a lot of flax, how many grams of fat a day you doing? how many calories total?

Comment

• buffness

I try to switch up the cardio as well...to much time in one spot makes me feel like I've been there forever..

Comment

• irongirl

Cardio this morning at 7:00...30 minutes on stepper and 20 minutes on bike

Training at 7:30 pm....most of my lifts are all going down due to the dieting...I hate that

Flat DB press...45 x 6/3/2

Shoulder press machine...100 x 7/4/2

Close grip bench...90 x 6/4/3

Reverse grip pulldowns...135 x 8/4/2

Deads...160 x 5, 110 x 8

Threw in a couple sets of shrugs with 30 lb DB's

Not a bad workout. I do the extreme stretching as per DC training...nearly tore the shit out of my hand hanging by the straps for the back stretch. My thumb is still numb.

Comment

• goes4ever
                              • Sep 2004

you seem to have good strength for a female, nice work

Comment

Working...