Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-22-2019, 05:02 AM   #1
Ryangigi
Vet

Ryangigi is on a distinguished road
Hep C possible issue

Wanted to get some feedback here, yesterday I was told by Dr. After regular blood work that I show I guess signs of Hep C in my blood??
I have never been a drug user, I have had my fair share of whiskey but that's it really, a bit of dabbling in side dishes 15 plus years ago but no time recently. I get blood draws every 4-6 months and have never had any issues.
I have injected juice for past 20 years and on occasion I have reused my same needle when running a hard cycle pinning ED, but all needles ONLY used by ME.
They are going to recheck blood work next week but this shit has me freaked out and honestly scared as hell.
Does anyone have experience with this?
If I do actually have which will just blow my mind,, how will or can this effect my progress moving forward in gym and with my cycles?
Sorry to learn on you fellas on a subject like this but I am scared to have a disease like this, especially when in my opinion via my little bit of research have never really exposed myself to something like this.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.
Ryangigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Have you banged any random girls lately? Anyone that used to have a drug problem or still does?
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:24 AM   #3
Ryangigi
Vet

I'm in a somewhat new relationship, met her on a date site about 8 months ago, shes only one I have been with for past 8 months,
I was told it can be passed sexually, I have yet to say anything to her as I want the second test ran first .
Old 08-22-2019, 08:42 AM   #4
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Great info.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
If your Dr. is just basing it on liver values I wouldn't be too worried. There are several tests for Hep C, get the test specifically for HEP C anti bodies and if that is positive, test for the virus.

I was falsely diagnosed and thought I had HEP C but no virus for 15 years. Then I dated a RN that insisted on a COMPLETE blood work up before we could have sex. I retested for HEP and it was negative. A second test was negative. When I asked my Dr. about it he said the prior test was obviously wrong because once you have the antibody you have it forever.

So I had a shadow following me around for 15 years and couldn't donate blood. I would have to pay for therapeutic phlebotomies while using gear. I just did a power red donation yesterday.

Bottom line, don't worry too much until you are certain of the test results. Also it can be very successfully cured now. That wasn't that case many years ago.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:10 AM   #6
Ryangigi
Vet

Thank y pop y so much Alpha and Dakota. I just made a call to Dr. And what I was told is that at some time I may have been exposed to it, as i had maybe elevated antibodies, however i guess the actual virus is u detectable at this time, if that makes sense.
They said they will retest and if results are the same i should just keep an eye on it and have future test done regularly. So, after both your guys info and the Dr. Info i do feel much better!!!

Admins/mods, feel free to delete post and or keep up if you feel the I do may be valuable to others.

I certainly got the Info that I needed,
Old 08-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
At least today they have a treatment protocol that cures hep C, which was never available before.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:19 AM   #8
Ryangigi
Vet

Thanks Alpha!!!
Old 08-23-2019, 04:22 AM   #9
Ryangigi
Vet

One more question, could orals aggravate my liver causing the virus to become detected so to speak?
Old 08-23-2019, 06:28 AM   #10
Glycomann

You can get testing for Hep C. You can get it yourself through personals if available in your state.

https://shop.personalabs.com/product...is-c-antibody/

https://shop.personalabs.com/product...to-genotyping/
Old 08-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #11
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryangigi View Post
One more question, could orals aggravate my liver causing the virus to become detected so to speak?
If the virus is present, I would stay away from oral completely. If you are positive for the anti-body and negative for the virus you could use orals and monitor yourself continuously. If you see that you are having an adverse reaction I would stop permanently and stick to mild AAS forms. Looking good is not worth a liver transplant.

Although that said.... with HEP C and the cure rate, that is really not any kind of likelihood, but I would still take damn good care of my liver. My test was a false positive but it has made me very conscious of my liver numbers just the same. Liver damage is nothing to play with.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:11 PM   #12
rocco-x
Vet

rocco-x has a spectacular aura aboutrocco-x has a spectacular aura about
My ex gfs father had it and he never used drugs either. He had contracted spinal meningitis years before his hep c diagnosis and they were thinking the massive amounts of meds he was on may have contributed to it somehow. This was before the new meds were out. They were still doing the interferon shots which made him deathly I'll but he beat it.
I myself have used drugs in the past, heavy IVF user, and came up positive twice but not in a row. First test I had in 06 came up positive. A few afterwards were all negative. Another positive in 2015 and the rest since then have all been negative. Drs said I may have come in contact with someone who had it but my immune system apparently is so strong it was wiped out on it's own. I only know of a few others like this in my circle of now clean friends.

The new course of treatment is a breeze...if you do have it you'll be free of it in 90 days or less.
rocco-x is offline   Reply With Quote