X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

How much do you pay for rent/mortgage?

I had to move and rent a house to be near my son's school a couple years ago. I pay $2,650 for a 3+2 and that is a great price.

My mortgage on my 5+3 is $1,800 and I lease it out for $3,200.

I am just curious what kind of rents there are around the country.

My new 70 acre property with a off grid cabin and 1 1/2 car garage is $500/month. A 5 year balloon, that I will pay it off early and then build.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • 78Steeler
    VET
    • Dec 2018

My mortgage is $2400/month. House has 4200 sq feet.

Comment

• Beef Newton
      VET
      • Nov 2018

$2700 for a smallish loft apartment (under 1000 sq ft).

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

My mortgage is 1100 month. 1500 sq ft. Bought the house cheap during the crash for 150k and gutted it. Insured as a new construction. So the house is basically brand new. Got lucky and jumped on it at the right time because you can't even touch a fixer upper in my area for anything close.

Rent for business is 3000 month. Just under 1000sq ft

Comment

• A1food4u

I think that the numbers are useless without the area they are generated from..... my daughter rents a two bedroom 900 sq ft apartment in milw near the lake for $880 the same space in Chicago that close to the lake would be $2400

If you could lift our property and drop it into the Chicago burbs its value would triple... so demographics is a thing...

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
            • May 2019

Holy shit to the first 3 posters - you guys must live either in Cali or DC right? Those prices are friggin' crazy! How dafuq does people live out there unless they have a masters degree in an in-demand field or a thriving business? I mean with all the Mexicans out there wtf, does McDonalds pay $25.00 an hour? How does the lower class make it out there?

Prices in OH are ridiculously low in comparison (mainly rural OH). You can buy a nice 4 bed, 3 bath for around 175-225k. Give you an example of how low it is around here - back in the 90's when I lived in VA, the price of a beer at the club was $3.25, a Jack n Coke was $4.50. Whenever I would come up to OH to visit family on vacation, I'd hit the club - a beer was $1.50 and a Jack n Coke was $2.25.

As for me, my mortgage is $0 - own it.
            Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
              • May 2019

I do remember being out in Cali to visit a friend in '95. He was in San Jose, and I remember paying $7 for a pack of smokes, which boggled my mind. They are now that same price here in OH - 24 years later! He and his wife were renting a small 2 bed, 1 bath house back then and the rent was $1400 a month.
              Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                • Apr 2006

We have a 4/2 and mortgage is around $1,000....house is nice and fairly new, but our town is agriculture and not rich. Lots of illegals here, so our area is cheaper.

Cali is fukking ridiculous. Name fraud is big out here...and not claiming to be married

Add in supplemental programs, medi-cal, free college for some, etc, etc....kind of answers your question, Jerky

Anywhere along the coast here is going to be stupid high. Then you can basically divide the state into 3 areas....southern cali, cencal, and norcal.

Pretty much everywhere in SoCal is going to be expensive, maybe as you go more east, or in the hood areas, it will be cheaper.

CenCal is the cheapest, but rising. It's mostly valley and agriculture. 1.5-2.5 hrs east of the coast.

NorCal, from San Jose north, is stupid expensive in the major cities (Silicone Valley, San Jose, Sacramento, San Franpoopland, etc. I'm sure there are pockets here and there, but mostly expensive. I'm not sure about northern-northern cali (Redding/Shasta areas), though I have lots of friends from there....agriculture, and hippy areas, some mountains and green areas.

On the western part of the state, it's mostly mountains and the Sierra Nevadas...though west of that is dessert before you hit Nevada.
                Last edited by MR. BMJ; 08-23-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Jester3378
                  VET
                  • Dec 2018

$3000 rent for a 500 sq ft 1 bedroom.

Comment

• Dustined83
                    VET
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Jester3378
                    $3000 rent for a 500 sq ft 1 bedroom.
                    Damn you have a great job obviously but I'd buy. Mortgage is cheaper but I'm sure you're aware

Comment

• 78Steeler
                      VET
                      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by JerKy
                      Holy shit to the first 3 posters - you guys must live either in Cali or DC right? Those prices are friggin' crazy! How dafuq does people live out there unless they have a masters degree in an in-demand field or a thriving business? I mean with all the Mexicans out there wtf, does McDonalds pay $25.00 an hour? How does the lower class make it out there?

Prices in OH are ridiculously low in comparison (mainly rural OH). You can buy a nice 4 bed, 3 bath for around 175-225k. Give you an example of how low it is around here - back in the 90's when I lived in VA, the price of a beer at the club was $3.25, a Jack n Coke was $4.50. Whenever I would come up to OH to visit family on vacation, I'd hit the club - a beer was $1.50 and a Jack n Coke was $2.25.

As for me, my mortgage is $0 - own it.
                      Georgia.

Comment

• Darkness
                        • Apr 2011

1500 a month including taxes and insurance for 3800 square foot and top line finishes built a year before I bought it on an acre. I only put 30% down and obviously paid less for it than the mterials required to build it. Long story but it involves opportunity. And luck. And knowing how to repair a septic system installed wrong that no one else would buy

Comment

• Roughrydr
                          • Oct 2017

My 20 acres is paid for. I have just enough livestock to be considered agricultural which exempts me from property taxes to a large degree. My house is 4 bedroom, 2 bath, with an office which I built on my property back in 2008. Before that I had a 2 bed 2 bath mobile home there. I built the house fight next to the mobile home. My last move was 30 feetcaway.
                          My mortgage is 4%. $1079.88 a month. The actual house payment is $748 a month, the rest is escrow for insurance and taxes.
                          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Dakota
                            VET
                            • Feb 2017

Very interesting how wide the range is. I've made some pretty good money in the past years took a god-awful beating in a nasty nasty divorce and was forced to buy my ex out of a company that she never so much as set foot in. But what I have left with I can go to another state and retire. Jerky, I would tell you how the Mexicans afford it but Lifts doesn't like the board to get political...... Let's just say you and I are covering the difference.
                            The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                              • May 2019

Originally posted by Dakota
                              Very interesting how wide the range is. I've made some pretty good money in the past years took a god-awful beating in a nasty nasty divorce and was forced to buy my ex out of a company that she never so much as set foot in. But what I have left with I can go to another state and retire. Jerky, I would tell you how the Mexicans afford it but Lifts doesn't like the board to get political...... Let's just say you and I are covering the difference.
                              Well of course I know they get their freebies from the govt - but didn't think even that would be enough to cut it out there.

Comment

Working...