• Show
Clear All
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bufbiker
    Did arms tonight
    Olympic Bar curls supersettd w/ skull crushers
    165x10/12, 175x10/12, 185x8/12, 6/12
    DB curls (85lbs) w/ close grip bench (405)
    8/10, 8/10, 7/10, 6/10

Then did some wrist curls.
    You did DB curls with 85lbs?

Comment

• bufbiker

Yeah. I tried the 95's but was cheating on the first couple of reps so I stopped and went down to the 85's.
      Had a great pump afterwards. Felt like my muscles were going to rip through the skin.
      I actually took my shirt off, which I never do in public, and did some posing in the mirror after my work out. I looked pretty amazing. Abs popping out nicely. Looked like a body builder I hate to say.

Comment

• Darkness
        • Apr 2011

I looked back over your lifts, and I watch some pretty accomplished PLers at my gym training equipped, and the two guys here in your weight class are doing just over what you are doing raw, and have trained with some of the best of the best for many years. So Buf your numbers are impressive for sure.

Comment

• bufbiker

We'll see in February.

Comment

• bufbiker

Started 100mg var today. 50 in the am and 50 in the pm.
            Trained legs.
            Squats - warm-ups, 545x5, 585x1, 675x1, 725x1 (may not have been legal squat, but pretty close)
            Back hurt pretty bad in left hip area. I think from dead lifts Tuesday.

I also did some leg extensions, leg curls and calf raises to force more blood into the legs.

Comment

• Jumperz
              Vet
              • Sep 2011

what date in feb buf? just dont hurt yourself ole' mate

Comment

• bufbiker

I htink it's 17-19th. it's whatewver that weekend is anyway.
                just found out it is tested event. these guys are competing for spots on the Olympic Teams. Oh well. I'll go, have fun, push myself to the limits then get disqualified.

Comment

• Darkness
                  • Apr 2011

just found out it is tested event. these guys are competing for spots on the Olympic Teams. Oh well. I'll go, have fun, push myself to the limits then get disqualified.
                  With whom is it affiliated? in IPA meets for example, you just compete pro and it is assumed you are enhanced and all are happy to have you there.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Powerlifting is an Olympic event? I thought it was still only clean & jerk and snatch. When did PL become an event? Damn, I'm feeling old to not know that!lol

Comment

• bufbiker

USAPL. Guys with the best lifts, and totals get to compete for spots on the olympic team is my understanding, as I read it in the rules and regs for the meet.

Comment

• Darkness
                        • Apr 2011

IS there an APA meet around? Might be the best fit for you.

Comment

• bufbiker

Already paid my money, reserved my hotel room etc. The wife expects a weekend in Ft. Lauderdale, without the dog, now.

Comment

• bufbiker

Bench Training this evening.
                            Flat - warm-ups, 475x1, 505x1, 525x1, 540x1
                            Inclines - 405x10, 445x3, 455x3

Comment

• stumpyone
                              • Jan 2012

Ok, now your just showing off
                              shoot for that last rep and when you get it... do two more!! semper fi do or die gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

i am an idiot, i dont know nuthin bout nuthin. i have never done anything illegal but get great joy from pretending that i have. drugs are bad o.k. I am a loser that likes to type about shit that ill never have the sack to do!

Comment

• bufbiker

Did deads and shoulders.
                                Dead Lifts - Warm-ups, 545x1, 585x1, 635x1, 675x1, 695x1
                                Standing Military Press - 315x5, 365x5, 405x1, 425x1, 445x0

Comment

Working...