Today Is the Big Day

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

She had another memory test today. 14 correct out of 30, but the girl helped her a lot on a few of them she got right. I was actually brought to tears when she couldn't subtract 7 from 100, or 93 -7. She burst into tears apologizing. I told her no reason to apologize, it's not her fault.
    I took the day off from work to deal with her debt situation she has put us in. I had some luck. But we are still screwed financially. I dont see a legit way out of it right now.
    I've already done everything you suggest BigP except the durable power of attorney. But it was just two weeks ago I realized what was going on financially.
    But yeah, I watched my grandmother die of alzheimers so I know what the future holds either way. I've promised her I will keep her at home and not put her in a home.
    And as cold as it sounds I'm glad it's her and not me. She could never handle me with my size and strength as my mind slowly faded. And our youngest son, who is a large man, would take advantage of her after I was gone. So it's best it's her instead of me.
    But this all sucks. At least it's not like our brother Ozzy with young kids in the picture. My thoughts and prayers are for him. Me and Eli deserve whatever we get health wise with all the abuse we have put our bodies through.
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Everyday progress is made in research and new treatments, just hope some type of meds will at least delay the the progression of the illness.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Rot-Iron66
        • Sep 2016

So sorry to hear what you are going thru RR, prayers sent...

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

Thanks. A funny thing happened yesterday, I guess a by product of news about my wife's condition getting around.
          We went to a brothers funeral Saturday. I love biker funerals, except for the funeral part. Any way, this one young widow (her husband died about 18 months ago, got shot in the head driving down the road by two guys who were arrested and convicted) messaged me and asked "How is my Eli doing?" So I told her what was going on. She responded, if you ever need someone to talk to you have my number any time, night or day.
          My wife is still kicking and already the vultures are circling. You all know I'm no angel when it comes to fidelity, and usually I would be all over that. But this chick is one you marry, not one to be trifled with. So I'll probably keep in touch, but maintain the friendship thing as long as I can. Any way I'm trying to do better.
          I feel so bad for my wife. She calls me every day aunt work crying. I'll ask what's wrong. She'll say it's this shit going on in my head then asks will it get better? I just tell her all you need to worry about is that we will go through it together. You won't be alone. I will be there with you all the way.
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• A1food4u

Good man...... just be her rock brother...

Comment

• Friggemall

Originally posted by Roughrydr
              I just tell her all you need to worry about is that we will go through it together. You won't be alone. I will be there with you all the way.
              Words of a man right there.

Comment

• Dakota
                VET
                • Feb 2017

There is research going on with BPC 157 and dementia among a dozen other ailments. If I was you I would buy a bucketful of it and do my own research. What have you got to lose? Start at a cautious doses and if it doesn't get results I would even mega dose it. I have a lady friend that had incurable chronic pancreatitis that had a bleak outlook get on it at my advice and she has recovered amazingly well. Far fewer episodes, less duration and even symptom free for long periods. She believes if she would have gotten to it sooner it could have been a miracle cure. The stuff has some amazing properties. I used with my shoulder surgery and my operated on shoulder is now stronger and better than my other shoulder.
                The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                  • Apr 2006

I probably can't think of better words than what others have written, but my thoughts are with you brother, and for Eli. That last sentence in your last post is what's most important right now, and ditto what A1 and Frigg stated. Keep us up to date on all this man.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                    • Oct 2017

Its difficult sometimes. I got upset last night. We were going to bed and she asked which pills to take. I told her the ones that say Friday pm. She says these 3 pills? It should have only been 1. I had set up her pill dispenser like us old people use, lol, and she had gone behind me and changed everything. Then as I'm getting it straightened out I asked for her pill bottles to put all the extras away. She had hidden it and couldn't find it. It to 20 minutes to find it. I kept pretty calm but I hot a little loud.
                    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Roughrydr
                      • Oct 2017

Took the wife for a PET Scan yesterday. Hot the results on October 3rd.
                      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Augerdog
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2014

Knee mails sent brother

Comment

• Roughrydr
                          • Oct 2017

Thanks.
                          OFFO