Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ziggyj

my goals

Hi guys, here's my situation:

i've been lifting for eight months and i'm very disappointed with my gains.
    i know the first thing that comes to mind is that i'm not eating enough, but
    i put on fat way too easily and i'm in a constant struggle between burning
    fat and gaining muscle.

i don't want to give anyone the impression that i haven't made *any* gains, no,
    i've got a nicely defined chest and i can curl quite a bit, but i still feel
    like i should be bigger than what i am for the amount that i've trained. i'm
    not an extremely narcissistic person, but i'm looking to gain about 10-15 more
    pounds of muscle and lower my body fat down to about 5%. but at the rate of my growth, it would be atleast a year and a half before i could acheive that goal. after that, my intention is to just powerlift drug-free for the rest of my life -- that is, focus on strength, not size.

i'm guessing my bf is between 10-15% right now (i can see my abs if i flex).

so for my goals -- that is, 10-15 lbs muscle and reduction in bodyfat, what should i "stack"? how many cycles would i need to do? can one lower their bodyfat and put on mass simultaneously with steroids or do i need to separate those two functions into two cycles?

i have no idea how to get a source, but nevermind that, i'll just stick around this
    forum for a while and maybe i'll figure it out. by the way, how much does an average stack/cycle end up costing?

thanks, i appreciate any help i can get.
  • prolangtum

You should be able to gain well and loose some bodyfat with a simple Test cycle. For cheap but affective Test, i would find some QV Ethanate or Cypionate, and run either 375mg a week of Eth or 400mg a week of Cyp. The diffence in dosing is simply because Eth comes in 250mg/ml and Cyp is 200mg/ml. Two bottles of Either should run right around $100, just enough for a 10 week cycle.

Comment

• iron4life79

i agree with prolangtum.

a simple test only cycle will definitely get you started. however, i wouldnt try to bulk and cut at the same time.
      if your worried about bloat, then the faster acting esters are for you. prop, and suspension(both are tests) come to mind.

i do have to say this though: you mentioned at your rate of growth it would take you a year to get to where you want to be. this isnt as much time as you might think, and you may need NO steroids. especially if you want to powerlift drug free for the rest of your life.

if i could train hard, and just take certain supplements to get what i wanted, i'd be the 1st one on the wagon bro. unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on how you look at it), i'm well past the natural genetics god gave me.

just something to consider and keep in mind before you push the pin.

peace I4L

Comment

• Easto

<!--QuoteBegin-ziggyj+Jul 13 2003, 11:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ziggyj @ Jul 13 2003, 11:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hi guys, here&#39;s my situation:

i&#39;ve been lifting for eight months and i&#39;m very disappointed with my gains.
        i know the first thing that comes to mind is that i&#39;m not eating enough, but
        i put on fat way too easily and i&#39;m in a constant struggle between burning
        fat and gaining muscle.

i don&#39;t want to give anyone the impression that i haven&#39;t made *any* gains, no,
        i&#39;ve got a nicely defined chest and i can curl quite a bit, but i still feel
        like i should be bigger than what i am for the amount that i&#39;ve trained. i&#39;m
        not an extremely narcissistic person, but i&#39;m looking to gain about 10-15 more
        pounds of muscle and lower my body fat down to about 5%. but at the rate of my growth, it would be atleast a year and a half before i could acheive that goal. after that, my intention is to just powerlift drug-free for the rest of my life -- that is, focus on strength, not size.

i&#39;m guessing my bf is between 10-15% right now (i can see my abs if i flex).

so for my goals -- that is, 10-15 lbs muscle and reduction in bodyfat, what should i "stack"? how many cycles would i need to do? can one lower their bodyfat and put on mass simultaneously with steroids or do i need to separate those two functions into two cycles?

i have no idea how to get a source, but nevermind that, i&#39;ll just stick around this
        forum for a while and maybe i&#39;ll figure it out. by the way, how much does an average stack/cycle end up costing?

thanks, i appreciate any help i can get. [/b][/quote]
        1) If you have only been lifting for 8 months, you don&#39;t need steroids.

2) Don&#39;t be affraid to put on a little bit of fat when bulking. If you try and stay lean all year round, your gains will suffer.

3) Stick to the basics:
        LEGS -Squats, Leg Press, Stiff Leg Deadlifts
        BACK -Deadlifts, Chins, Barbell Rows
        CHEST -Incline Press, Dumbell Press, Bench Press
        BI&#39;S -Barbell Curls, Dumbell Curls
        TRI&#39;S -Dips, Skull Crushers, Close Grip Bench
        SHOULDERS -Military Press, Dumbell Laterals, Shrugs

What is your height? weight?

Comment

• ziggyj

i&#39;m 5&#39;8" 155

i&#39;m really fat-phobic, to the point that seeing a small gain in fat depresses me for the rest of the week. i&#39;m a size 31 waist and everytime my pants start to feel tight i&#39;ve gotta cut down on cals or move up in activity -- i can&#39;t just let myself put on fat. i know i dont *need* steroids but it would help me get where i want to be without this prolonged struggle of keeping my fat down but trying to bulk up. it just gets depressing after a while.

Comment

• Easto

Listen, bulk up during the winter. Who&#39;s going to see you without a shirt in the winter time? You can easily put on some solid muscle during the winter months. You can than cut during the spring time, so you will be ripped for summer.

Comment

• Farm Boy

how old are you?

Comment

• ziggyj

Comment

• takemo

Ziggy,i don&#39;t think you will ever find anyone who feels they are as big as they should be for the amount of time they are training.lol. also,10-15 pounds may not seem like alot,but if it is solid muscle,plus a 5% reduction in bf will make you look like another animal.
                  if you&#39;ve only been training for 8 months,wait awhile before gearing up,you&#39;ll be glad you waited later.patience is very important in this sport.good luck,whatever you decide.

Comment

• Farm Boy

Takemo is right on the money about this.

Comment

• prolangtum

You will thanks us down the road if you wait. Wether on steroids or not, food is the main anabolic. And i hate to break it to you, it is nearly impossible to gain 100% muscle and 0% fat. At best, for every 10lbs you gain, 3-4 of it will be fat. But, it can always be dieted off, and 3-4 lbs of fat doesnt look bat when there is 6-7 lbs of more muscle underneath it.

Comment

Working...