Dan B's NO FEAR training log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanB21

Dan B's NO FEAR training log

Hey guys and girls, I decided to make a training log on here to gauge my progress. Right now I am 6'3 225 lbs estimated bf 13-15%, a bit high but I when I started lifting I was over 20% and around 170 lbs so it's progressing. I'm 18 and have been training for around 3 years total, but a year and a half serious, and probably a year hardcore. Well I'm planning on updating this daily or at least on workout days. Here goes.

Wednesday Night was Back
    *= Warmup
    Lat pulldowns (My weakest exercise)

80 x 15 *
    100 x 12*
    120 x 12
    140 x 10
    160 x 8

T-bar Rows
    2 plates x 12
    3 plates x 12
    4 plates x 6 x 2
    5 Plates x 5

DB rows (Went sorta lighter today to focus on form)
    70 x 12
    100 x 8
    100 x 10

Cable rows with straight bar ( New exercise, felt pretty good)
    130 x 12
    140 x 10
    160 x 8

Sub Par back day, will be doing deadlifts next week.
  • MadHatta

nice work man lookin forward to seeing ya progress some more.

Comment

• Tiffers

Go Dan go! You freaking Spartan!

Comment

• DanB21

Back Workout from yesterday. Haven't been updating this in a while, so here goes.

Close Grip Pulldowns
        Some warming up with 80 and 100 x 12 or a few more
        130 x 12
        150 x 12
        160 x 12 (Previous best was x 10 only once, I usually die after 6)
        190 x 4 immediately followed by 160 x 5

I'm fucking pumped about the pulldowns, I have sucked at them forever and now am finally getting alot more weight on them.

BB rows
        95 x 12
        135 x 12
        225 x 6 (Been a while so it was tough)
        185 x 10

Hammer strength leaning against pad rows not sure the correct name.
        45 x 10 (just to get the form and stuff)
        2 45's x 10
        2 45's and a 25 x 8 (First time doing them so if I go back to them I expect better numbers for sure).

Cable Rows
        150 x 10
        170 x 8
        180 x 8

Took it easy on cable rows today to keep my form. No Deadlifts today but next week.. still thinking about wanting to hit 495 in 6 months, I have some major work to do.

My diets been pretty basic lately- Brown rice and oats, chicken, turkey, eggs, walnuts for fats, olive oil, protein shakes, some berries and vegtables in there too. I basically stopped taking all of my supps and I feel better during my workouts, pretty sure all the pre workout shit doesn't go good with my body or maybe I'm burnt out on them with the caffeine.

Current Bodyweight- 225 lbs at around 13-15% bf.

Comment

• DanB21

Was shoulders/tri's last night. Fucking shoulder wasn't feeling good at all-

Seated BB presses
          45 x 15 *
          95 x 12*
          135 x 12
          185 x 1 + 3 forced (damn shoulder)
          155 x 10 RP

DB laterals - Had to go light.. shoulder wasn't feeling good at all.
          20 x 10
          25 x 10
          30 x 10

Skullcrushers
          75 x 12
          95 x 10 x 2

Did some pushdowns and finished off with a couple sets of dips.

Comment

• DanB21

Legs

Leg presses
            2 plates x 15 *
            4 plates x 10 or 12 cant think
            5 plates x 10
            6 plates x 3 (fucking knees!)
            7 plates x 3
            6 plates x 4

Seated leg curls
            120 x 10
            140 x 10
            180 x 8

SLDL's
            135 x 10
            225 x 8
            275 x 4
            315 x 3

Extensions
            200 x 12
            stack x 12
            stack + 25 x 12 x 2

Pretty good stuff today, my knees are really fucked and have been so I think I'm going to wrap them and see how it goes. Any input would be appreciated, thanks! When I say my knees are fucked.. they feel weak and feel like they have fluid moving around in them and stuff. Gonna try to see someone about it in the near future.

Comment

• SarahPT
              AE Female Member
              • Sep 2007

God job with those workouts. Definatley see someone about the knees to make sure it's not serious.
              Personal trainer, sports nutritionist, figure coach, freelance writer, distance runner, and insane person

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com

Comment

• Underdog

Ok.. for shoulder, I have had bad shoulder problems in the past. Do cuff work for a bit. Or at least add them in somewhere when you get the chance.

Try some cable internal and external rotation exercises. I haven's seen posterior delts on your list, unless your shoulders were hurting that bad. Also, I do an exercise that works a muscle that is hardly ever worked out. My buddy who had shoulder surgery told me all about it from his days in physical therapy. I even only do them with 15 lb dumbbells (tried 20 once for one set and found that it was too much) I usually super set these when ever I do posterior delt work. Do a lat raise. but keep you thumbs pointing at each other in front of you, when you raise up, keep you thumbs in the same position. when you are at top, you should be doing a thumbs down look. I get a lot of strange looks when I do this exercise. My shoulder no longer bother me to do bench presses any more even. I hope this helps.

if your knees are bothering you, then I suggest you keep to just leg curls and extentions for a bit, and if you work your calves, do it as a sitting style. Nothing where your legs are straight to do it. I am blessed with no knee problems at the moment.

how many days a week are you planning to work out? what is your routine split going to look like? Then finally, what is the goal that you are seeking?

Just curious.

UD

Comment

• DanB21

I haven't been too much for rear delts lately because I think I hit them good enough on back day with the rows I do, but I might start doing some rear delt flys. Thanks for the idea about that exercise. I will try it out and see how it goes. It really feels like my shoulder is out of the socket or something, so it pops and feels a bit weird on presses. No pain though, really weird though.

Yeah I will take it easy on the knees for a couple weeks.

My split is -
                  Mon- Chest/bi's
                  Tues- OFF
                  Wed- Back
                  Thurs- Shoulders/tri's
                  Fri- Legs
                  Sat and Sun- OFF

It's a new split I am trying out, I usually do a 5 day split though. My goal is to pack on some solid mass and keep the bf down.

Comment

• DanB21

Originally posted by SarahPT
                    God job with those workouts. Definatley see someone about the knees to make sure it's not serious.
                    Thanks alot! Yeah I will defiently do that.

Comment

• Underdog

another word of advice, if you look at mine I do chest/tri's/bi's ( I also do legs but that is a horse of another story.) then do shoulders and back.

try this split not sure how much tim you have in the gym but most of my workouts only last less then an hour to about hour fifteen minutes.

sun-off--- (walk for about half hour or so, at a leisurely pace)

mon-legs/abs/forearms

tues-off--- (walk for about half hour, not running, at a leisurely pace)

wed-chest/bi's/tri's (you get a good pump doing the whole arm in one session)

thurs-off--- (jog if you can or walk for about half hour or more at a upped pace)

friday-back/shoulders

sat-off--- (walk or jog at your convience of how long or what pace)

not sure of your work schedule at all.

for back reverse your grip on rows, whether seated, bent over, or even pulldowns, you will gain some mass that way at least on one (i.e. Do bent over rows overhanded, then do seated underhanded or somethin similar.) You will either feel like a turtle or have wings/sails.

Remember, this is only advice, I have seen some great improvements over the past 4 weeks if that, and so has my wife and coworkers.

my split is like this
                      every other day off basically
                      session one- chest/bi's/tri's/legs
                      day off- walk at night for about half hour (at a decent pace, that is roughly a mile and a half)
                      session two-back/shoulders/forearms/abs(just added the abs)
                      day off- walk at night for about half hour or so.
                      then repeat.

yes I did do the DC training. I agree with his ideas. This is why I am now on the routine that I am doing now. And I have done holy volume batman training. Hell I tried to volume like the pros, I give them respect for that because I couldn't do it, and I thought it was easy.

But as I said, it is only advice. Take what you need or would like and disregard the rest.

UD

Comment

• DanB21

Originally posted by Underdog
                        another word of advice, if you look at mine I do chest/tri's/bi's ( I also do legs but that is a horse of another story.) then do shoulders and back.

try this split not sure how much tim you have in the gym but most of my workouts only last less then an hour to about hour fifteen minutes.

sun-off--- (walk for about half hour or so, at a leisurely pace)

mon-legs/abs/forearms

tues-off--- (walk for about half hour, not running, at a leisurely pace)

wed-chest/bi's/tri's (you get a good pump doing the whole arm in one session)

thurs-off--- (jog if you can or walk for about half hour or more at a upped pace)

friday-back/shoulders

sat-off--- (walk or jog at your convience of how long or what pace)

not sure of your work schedule at all.

for back reverse your grip on rows, whether seated, bent over, or even pulldowns, you will gain some mass that way at least on one (i.e. Do bent over rows overhanded, then do seated underhanded or somethin similar.) You will either feel like a turtle or have wings/sails.

Remember, this is only advice, I have seen some great improvements over the past 4 weeks if that, and so has my wife and coworkers.

my split is like this
                        every other day off basically
                        session one- chest/bi's/tri's/legs
                        day off- walk at night for about half hour (at a decent pace, that is roughly a mile and a half)
                        session two-back/shoulders/forearms/abs(just added the abs)
                        day off- walk at night for about half hour or so.
                        then repeat.

yes I did do the DC training. I agree with his ideas. This is why I am now on the routine that I am doing now. And I have done holy volume batman training. Hell I tried to volume like the pros, I give them respect for that because I couldn't do it, and I thought it was easy.

But as I said, it is only advice. Take what you need or would like and disregard the rest.

UD
                        Sounds good man, thanks alot for taking the time to give me that response. I will defiently take your advice into consideration.

Comment

• DanB21

Wont be updating this log for about a month in a half. I have a shoulder subluxation so I have 4-6 weeks of physical therapy, but I'm still going to do legs maybe even twice a week not sure yet.

Comment

Working...