Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Training Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 PM   #16
Shawty
AE Female Member

Shawty is on a distinguished road
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE deadlifts! I start with 8 reps, and work my way up to heavy singles. (I'm a powerlifter, lol). Then I either hit a variation of good mornings or my second love.........ZERCHER SQUATS

If you use proper form, your back will be ok. And if you're lifting big, wear a belt.

And third, Vikes are weak, Percs are where it's at
Shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #17
SarahPT
AE Female Member

SarahPT is on a distinguished road
I hate deadlifts but I do them anyway. I just did them 2 days ago after having a month off from weights. OUCH!!!

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com
SarahPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #18
Tatyana
Female Member

Tatyana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawty View Post
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE deadlifts! I start with 8 reps, and work my way up to heavy singles. (I'm a powerlifter, lol). Then I either hit a variation of good mornings or my second love.........ZERCHER SQUATS

If you use proper form, your back will be ok. And if you're lifting big, wear a belt.

And third, Vikes are weak, Percs are where it's at

What are zercher squats?

At least once a year I like to do a synthesis of bodybuilding and powerlifting, so work from about 10 reps down to sets of 4-6.

It was doing this when I realised how important it is to keep a training journal.

I found my old 'heavy training' and I am using the same weight now during high volume comp diet training!

What is your max dead lift Shawty?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #19
Shawty
AE Female Member

Shawty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
What are zercher squats?

At least once a year I like to do a synthesis of bodybuilding and powerlifting, so work from about 10 reps down to sets of 4-6.

It was doing this when I realised how important it is to keep a training journal.

I found my old 'heavy training' and I am using the same weight now during high volume comp diet training!

What is your max dead lift Shawty?

335, going for 400 at the end of the year if I can get the issue with my left hand straightened out.....

Zercher Squats.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gJbgnW80mWk

Ed Zercher (a powerlifter) originated them. He did not have a squat rack, so what he actually did was put the bar on the floor as if he was going to do deadlifts, and he would squat all the way down, place the bar in the crooks of his arms and squat it that way. Most these days just pick the bar up from a low setting on the power rack. It works all the deadlift muscles. It's a form of specialty training that alot of the Westsiders use to train for deadlifts. They're AMAZING, and I've found them to help with explosion from the floor when doing deadlifts. In fact, I NEVER do speed work on deadlifts but have awesome explosion.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
OLYMPIAN

nice ,shawty got wheels
Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #21
P. Bateman
Vet

P. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Wetback View Post
I love legs period.................nothing like a good burn ! !
I imagine I'd love your legs too.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #22
OLYMPIAN

^^^sCHMOE ALERT
Old 08-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #23
swoleman

Deadlifts are sooo beneficial its just all about proper form and you wont get injured!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #24
emereerymboky

I love deadlifts

That was a great post Dazed410.
Very informative

Now i have a question.

If you were Courtney Love would u sell your dead husbands journal to a publishing company?