Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Training Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
nikhi19

Why can't I wake up in the morning

I don't know what is wrong with me except that my body is tired and won't let me wake up. This is the 2nd morning in a row that my 5 alarms didn't get me up in time to do my cardio. I LOVE to run in the AM. It's not like I'm sleeping in on purpose, and I set my 5 alarms as usual (1 really loud obnoxious alarm, and 4 on my celly with equally abnoxious rings).

Any ideas as to why my body just won't let me get up? This screws up my whole training for today cuz now I've gotta do cardio after work and before hitting the gym to teach my Pilates class. Oh, and I've been getting 6-8hrs of sleep each night.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Sasa

Maybe you are not eating right?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
Shawty
AE Female Member

Shawty is on a distinguished road
You might be overtraining........
Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Josh

Ho wlong are you sleeping? How long have you had this problem?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
nikhi19

I eat 100% clean, and I'm still on my bulking diet (2200 cals a day). This just started yesterday. I usually have a tough time waking up in the mornings anyways (that's why i use 5 alarms on a daily basis) but this is the first time in a while that I have actually NOT woken up for the alarms and woken up late.

I sleep between 6-8hrs every night.

Maybe I need more alarms?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
Sadie

u use 5 alarms.. dear god hehe

maybe its cause its darm cold and biologically wrong to wake up early hehe i fight it daily too hehe
Old 09-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
Krazy Cash

Maybe you need a clock that smacks you in the face if you oversleep. Or maybe a siren played by a very large speaker.

I have troubles waking up as well, though I think it may be the amount of sleep i'm getting. I'll have to work on it I guess.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
CathyFlora

do you fall asleep to music at night? totally odd question...but it's something I notice I have trouble with, is if I have noise during the night, I will sleep through the first few minutes of my alarm going off...
Old 09-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #9
Squatch

Seasons are changing...may have something to do with it.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #10
Sasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch
Seasons are changing...may have something to do with it.
Yea that might it happens to me too , like im way more tried during the colder season's
Old 09-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
Angela

I agree with the seasons. When the cool fall air comes around, my body just refuses to get up in the morning. Oh, wait....it's like that during all the seasons....

I noticed you mentioned you haven't changed your diet, however, with the changing seasons, are you eating seasonal foods??
Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #12
SarahPT
AE Female Member

SarahPT is on a distinguished road
Because getting up in the morning sucks!! Yeah, it could be the change of seasons. A couple nights lately I slept 10 hours without menaing to. oops.

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com
SarahPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
CathyFlora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
I noticed you mentioned you haven't changed your diet, however, with the changing seasons, are you eating seasonal foods??
she lives in SoCal...do they even have seasonal foods...hehe
Old 09-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #14
nikhi19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyFlora
she lives in SoCal...do they even have seasonal foods...hehe
I KNOW! LOL

Naw, I haven't been eating anything unusual lately. But maybe its just the seasons. It's only happened for 2 days but I hate the feeling when you oversleep and you don't mean to.

I wish I had an alarm that slapped me in the face...I sleep like I'm dead. Earthquakes, fire alarms, my sis coming over late at night...I sleep through it all. I do fall asleep to the TV, but it goes off on it's sleep timer after about 15min.

I hope this is just a phase!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #15
Elvis

what is your training like. i know it was said before but you may be overtraining