Yetta's Offseason Training Log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yettamae

Yetta's Offseason Training Log

The Offseason plan: Maintence for my legs with special emphasis on tighting up my glute area and work on my V-taper. I have a good back, it just needs more training. I would also like to add a little more size to my arms to complement my lower half.

Figure Shows: NPC June 2008

Current Supps:
    Met-Rx Protein
    BCAA
    Tonlian CLA 1000 mg
    Chromium Picolinate 200 mg
    Gaspari SizeOn
    Fish Body Oils 1000 mg
    Universal Uni-Liver
    Optimum Opti-Women Multi Vitamin

9/21/07 Biceps and Triceps

Barbell Bicep Curl 3 x 10 (Last set will try and go up 30 lbs)
    20-20-20

Close Grip Tricep Press 3 x 10
    30-30-30

Dumbbell Curl 3 x 10
    10-10-10 (Last set will go up to 15)

Barbell Skull Crushers 3 x 10
    20-20-20

Hammer Curl 3 x 10
    10-10-10 (Last set will go up to 15)

Tricep Pushdown 3 x 10
    30-40-40 (Getting stronger!)

Cardio EFX Crosstrainer 20 mins

:BP:
  • LadyZ
    AE Female Member
    • Sep 2007

Nice work Yetta Mae... Keep it up...

Comment

• Yettamae

Originally posted by LadyZ
      Nice work Yetta Mae... Keep it up...
      Thanx girl. I'm trying! My plan is to go in bigger and better. :buff: Hopefully things will work out! Have you tried the new Cathy Savage diet or the workout plan? If so, how it working out for you?

Comment

• Yettamae

Chest and Back 9/22/07

Chest and Back 9/22/07

Dumbell Chest Press 3 x 10
        15-15-15

LatPull Down 3 x 10
        50-60-60 (Will start at 60 next time around and for last set go up to 70)

Incline Chest Press 3 x 10
        15-15-15

Bilateral LatPull Down
        75-75-75 (Yeah baby!)

I am really happy with the strength increase in my back! I did 67.5 last time.

Dumbbell Chest Fly 3 x 10
        15-15-15

Low Seated Row 3 x 10
        50-50-60 (Will go up to 60 for second set)

Abs

Leg Raises 3 x 20

Crunches 3 x 20

Cardio 30 mins

EFX Crosstrainer

:BP:

Comment

• RaptorMkII

Lookin' good Yetta

have you ever tried doing skull crushers with DB's instead of a bar?

A trainer showed them to me last year. They work great! I've seen more improvement with those than anything else.

What I do:

start out with the db's extended, with my arms angled slightly towards my head (at the shoulder, to keep a constant tension on the tricep). Then I lower both weights at the same time, as if I still had a bar in my hand. As I lower the weights I rotate my wrists so the weights are vertical (rather than horizontal). I finish with the weights low enough that the triceps are fully stretched (I usually hold the stretch for a second or two). Then raise the weights back to the starting position.

I find that its easier on the various joints than using a bar, while getting a larger ROM (and less of a chance that they will actually crush your skull)

anyway, good luck Yetta!

Comment

• Yettamae

Originally posted by RaptorMkII
            Lookin' good Yetta

have you ever tried doing skull crushers with DB's instead of a bar?

A trainer showed them to me last year. They work great! I've seen more improvement with those than anything else.

What I do:

start out with the db's extended, with my arms angled slightly towards my head (at the shoulder, to keep a constant tension on the tricep). Then I lower both weights at the same time, as if I still had a bar in my hand. As I lower the weights I rotate my wrists so the weights are vertical (rather than horizontal). I finish with the weights low enough that the triceps are fully stretched (I usually hold the stretch for a second or two). Then raise the weights back to the starting position.

I find that its easier on the various joints than using a bar, while getting a larger ROM (and less of a chance that they will actually crush your skull)

anyway, good luck Yetta!
            Yes I have in the past actually I used to do them past my skull. I felt a better contraction. My trainer for my first show had me do them with dumbbells on the stability ball, but I did them past my head. I don't know why I started doing it with a bar at the time...maybe for variety? I felt like I had better form with the bar then with the dumbbells,but I also feel like I can't go as heavy with the bar because of the pressure on the joints. Thanx for the suggestion. I do agree it is easier on the joints. I was actually thinking about going back to the lying dumbbell overextension and see which do I like better. I may just go back to the lying overhead extension because I feel that I do get a better stretch and I will be able to progress to heavier poundages without putting stress on my elbows. Thank you!

PS: If anyone else has any suggestions. I am open to them. Next month I am going to switch my rotation of exercises slighty. Thank you!

Comment

• Yettamae

Legs 9/23

Barbell Wide Squats 3 x 20
              30-30-30

Stifflegged deadlifts 3 x 20
              20-20-20

Barbell Stationary Lunges 3 x 20
              30-30-30

Seated Leg Curl 3 x 20
              40-40-40

Leg Extension 3 x 20
              35-35-35

Single Legged Calf Raise 3 x 20
              8-8-8

Cardio 20 mins
              EFX Machine

It was a tough workout today. My legs were feeling like jelly are lunges and seated leg curl. Didn't have alot of energy to do cardio after such a grueling workout, but I got through it!

Comment

• Yettamae

Shoulders 9/24/2007

I upped the intensity to another set to see if my shoulders could handle it and I survived! I get arthritis sometimes in my shoulders, so I can't train too heavy with them. I felt really strong today,so I don't know what's up. I am thinking of doing pyramids next time because I am kinda getting bored with straight sets, the problem is I don't think I am stong enough to pyramid up each set. Maybe I should stop being a wuss and just take a chance, but I don't want to injure myself. Or should I see how I feel with doing 4 sets opposed to 3 sets now and see how things workout. My husband thinks 4 sets it too much,but I know some competitors that do 4 straight sets for their shoulders. It's about the quality not the quanity of how much you can lift. Any suggestions or comments?

Barbell Shoulder Press 4 x 10
                30-30-30-30 (Last set may go up to 40 "felt easy")

Side Lateral Raise 4 x 10
                10-10-10-10 (Last set may go up to 12 or 15"felt easy")

Rear Delt Raise 4 x 10
                10-10-10-10

Abs
                Leg Raises 3 x 20

Crunches 3 x 20

Alternated Serratus Crunch 3 x 20

Cardio
                None, too dog tired. Had a long day and it was late.

Comment

• ironmaidn

Great log here! R u planning to bulk up any in your off-season or just maintain?

Great workouts and thanks for posting your supps too. I am still play'n around some and STILL cannot find the best combination yet!

Comment

• Yettamae

Originally posted by ironmaidn
                    Great log here! R u planning to bulk up any in your off-season or just maintain?

Great workouts and thanks for posting your supps too. I am still play'n around some and STILL cannot find the best combination yet!
                    Thanx girl. I am planning to bulk, but have a lean bulk, not a dirty one. I am trying to maintain my legs, just working on beefing up my arms and getting better development in my back. It needs work and more training. I'm not sure if I am making gains or not. I have increased my strength a hell of alot. I hate posting sometimes because my lifts aren't as impressive as most on here.I keep telling myself it's not about the quanity, but the quality of the lift. My husband is stoked that I am lifting 75 pounds with my back. He's starting to get skeptical. Jokeling saying he hopes I still look like Yetta and not a man when he sees me.

I refuse to get on the scale or even measure myself it depresses me. As long size 2 and 3 juniors still I am not going to panic, if they start getting tight then it time to go on a diet! lol I will let my husband be the judge once he sees me in a couple of weeks. I look at myself all the time.

It's been hard to stay on a bulking diet because of school. I have been having problems as of late getting all my meals in mostly on Wednesdays. Just because I teach classes back to back then go staight to another class, which sucks,now I have a choir rehearsals that just started on on Wednesday night!

Hey question, which do you think is better 3 or 4 sets. I know some competitors that do, my husband thinks that is too much and shouldn't be done all the time. What are your thoughts?

Comment

• Yettamae

9/29/07 Biceps and Triceps

9/29/07 Biceps and Triceps

Barbell Bicep Curl 3 x 10
                      20-20-20

Close Grip Tricep Press 3 x 10
                      30-30-30 (Will go up 40 next time)

E-Z Bar Preacher Curl 3 x 10
                      27.5-27.5-27.5 (Changing to the preacher curls really got my biceps pumped up)

Lying Overhead Press with dumbbells 3 x 10
                      10-10-10

Hammer Curl 3 x 10
                      10-10-15

Tricep Pushdown 3 x 10
                      30-30-40 (Last set only could get 8-9 reps out...after changing to overhead press with dumbbells my triceps were more fatigued than I expected.)

Cardio EFX Crosstrainer 30 mins

Great workout bis and tris were pumped afterwards.

Comment

• Yettamae

Thanx Chris for reminding me about lying overhead extensions. I really felt the isolation in the muscle during my workout. And I am REALLY feeling it my triceps today!

Comment

• Yettamae

Legs 9/29

Barbell Wide Squats 3 x 20
                          30-30-30

Dumbbell Stifflegged deadlifts 3 x 20
                          10-10-10 (I felt the stretch in the hams better with the dumbbells opposed to the barbell. When I did it with the barbell I felt more of the stretch in my lower back.)

Barbell Stationary Lunges 3 x 20
                          30-30-30

Leg Extension 3 x 20
                          35-35-40

Seated Leg Curl 3 x 20
                          40-40-40

Calf Raise 3 x 20
                          90-90-90 (I usually do 70, but I wanted to push myself to see if I could actually do it and I got through 2 sets of 20, the 3rd set I could only do up to 15. I think I might start at 70 for first and second set, then for last set 90 or 70 again,then 90. I don't want to train my calves to failure, only to fatique.)

Abs 3 x 20
                          Hi Fives on the Swiss Ball

Comment

• Yettamae

Fuck am I hurting today. My legs are not liking me right now, especially my calves! My triceps are finally healing up, so I switched Leg Day to Chest and Back so I had a day to heal up more. Watching the Figure Olympia got me pumped in the gym today, baby!

Chest and Back 9/30

Dumbell Chest Press 3 x 10
                            15-15-20

LatPull Down 3 x 10
                            60-60-70

Incline Chest Press 3 x 10
                            15-15-20

Bilateral LatPull Down
                            75-85-85 (For whatever reason 75 felt easy....I'm shocked! So I put on two 10's and it felt great! We'll see how I feel tommorrow...)

Dumbbell Chest Fly 3 x 10
                            15-15-15

Low Seated Row 3 x 10
                            50-60-60

I can't believe how strong I am getting with my back. Insane! I started a new supplement Redline. I am going to start cycling my fatburners. I think I am starting to get fat, so I have to keep myself in check I don't know if that helped give me an extra push today or what. But I am happy I am getting stronger and now being able to find what poundages and exercises that are working and not working for me. For a minute I didn't think getting DOMS was possible anymore! lol It was defiantely time to change it up and stop lifting like a wuss and being afraid of the unknown. I had to keep telling myself....I won't know until I take a chance and if I suck at it, don't be afraid to take a step back and then try harder next time. I can't wait to step out on stage again, hopefully with some improvements in shoulders, arms, and back. The goal is 8 pounds heavier: 108.

Comment

• RaptorMkII

Lookin' Good Yetta!!!

Glad you've decide to drop the wuss act.

you could try doing 4 sets of 8 for some exercises. The drop in reps will allow you to do more weight, but you wind up doing 2 more reps than 3x10. It might help with the bulking.

And I feel your pain when it comes to diet... Schools and good eating just don't mix

keep it up!

Comment

Working...