Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Training Journals
User Name
Password

Old 10-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #16
laurie

keep up the good work and dont forget scales suck. muscle weighs more than fat and from what you say you are getting stronger..
keep your head up and keep rockin
are you taking redline capsules or the drinks?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #17
SarahPT
AE Female Member

SarahPT is on a distinguished road
Hi Yetta,
Looks like you're doing good. What are you thinking of the Gaspari SizeOn?

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com
SarahPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #18
Yettamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie
keep up the good work and dont forget scales suck. muscle weighs more than fat and from what you say you are getting stronger..
keep your head up and keep rockin
are you taking redline capsules or the drinks?
Thanx girl I am going to try! :headbangeYeah scales do suck. Take measurements and I am still fitting into my clothes. I am not the ideal size 0, but I don't will ever be unless I did another show or starved myself. I am not too far from it I am size 2-3 in juniors, but it concerns me in a recent photo I sent my husband he said nice buddha belly and said it was cute. He meant it as a joke,but I noticed it too in the picture, too. Which totally fucked me up. Now I think I am fat again. I am taking Redline capsules. They had a special on bb.com one get one free.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #19
Yettamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahPT
Hi Yetta,
Looks like you're doing good. What are you thinking of the Gaspari SizeOn?
Thanx Sarah! Do you think lifting in the 70's-90's will bulk up my calves too much? I think 90 might been pushing it too much. As for the Size On it seems to give me an extra push when I sip on it during my workouts. I never thought I would be lifting into the 70's and 80's with my back now. My husband teases me and says he hopes I still look like a female and not a man when he sees me. If I took it the way it should be I would be a blow fish by now. It says to take it everyday. I only take it during my training sessions. When I first was on it I looked puffy, now I just look normal with some cuts. My diet was shitty at the time when I first started taking it, but since then I cleaned up my diet and it seems that I have lost inches even though the scale keep on rising! Opposed Cellmass, which I had less water retention on I think I am getting much more stronger on it. A friend, who is National Competitor told that it Size On was better and healthier than Cellmss. She said that Creatine Ether Esther breaks down to creatinine, which is hard on the kidney's to break down and with years of prolonged use could lead to kidney diease.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #20
Yettamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMkII
Lookin' Good Yetta!!!

Glad you've decide to drop the wuss act.

you could try doing 4 sets of 8 for some exercises. The drop in reps will allow you to do more weight, but you wind up doing 2 more reps than 3x10. It might help with the bulking.

And I feel your pain when it comes to diet... Schools and good eating just don't mix

keep it up!
Thanx for the complement. Yeah, I'm like fuck Yetta lets stop lifting like a wuss and pump some iron! lol Thanx for the advice about dropping sets. Do you think training in 8 rep range will bullk me up too much? My old trainer told me that I could bulk up fast and told me that I could do bodybuilding because of that and that I physique that has bodybuilding written all over it because I am short and shocky looking in my appreance. He said I was an endo-mesomorph type. Maybe training in the 8 range would be good for my shoulders. I think there are lacking compared to my biceps and triceps. An NPC judge who trained at my gym who helped me with my posing for my last show told me that I had good shoulders, but it seemes that my front delts were overpowering my rear delts. He also told me that I had a good back,I just really don't know how to show it off. I personally think I just lack a V-taper all together. Bigger and wider shoulders, bigger arms and more lat developement to make my legs and waist look smaller. When my hubby comes I will post an offseason pic up. All the offseason pics I have clothes on I am worst critic and I look at myself everyday.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #21
RaptorMkII

I think you'll be fine with the 8 reps.

Of course, the only way to know is to try it.

You could try it out with your shoulders and back (which will also hit your biceps).

I personally like being able push more weight, but thats just me (I'm not training for anything but myself)
Old 10-01-2007, 12:32 PM   #22
Yettamae

Quote:
I think you'll be fine with the 8 reps.

Of course, the only way to know is to try it.

You could try it out with your shoulders and back (which will also hit your biceps).

I personally like being able push more weight, but thats just me (I'm not training for anything but myself)
You are so true. I will give it a whirl today. I am doing shoulders. I am going for the burn and lately I haven't been getting the burn and feel like I can't progess to higher poundages because of fear of hurting myself I guess, especially my shoulders. For me it about the quality of my lifts not quanity. If I can't keep good form I pyramid down, until I feel that I can. I get arthirits in them sometimes. Maybe shorter reps for them with be better. I will keep you posted! Thanx so much!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #23
RaptorMkII

Thanks, I'm looking forwards to seeing how it works for you!

and you're exactly right, its about quality, not quantity.

You could also try super setting two shoulder exercises together. Personally, I super set Lateral Raises with Arnold Presses. You don't have to do much to get an intense workout (and my shoulders are my weak point... damn them!!!).
Old 10-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #24
laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yettamae
Thanx girl I am going to try! :headbangeYeah scales do suck. Take measurements and I am still fitting into my clothes. I am not the ideal size 0, but I don't will ever be unless I did another show or starved myself. I am not too far from it I am size 2-3 in juniors, but it concerns me in a recent photo I sent my husband he said nice buddha belly and said it was cute. He meant it as a joke,but I noticed it too in the picture, too. Which totally fucked me up. Now I think I am fat again. I am taking Redline capsules. They had a special on bb.com one get one free.

well i just had to give away two bags of my "skinny" size o clothes. been wearing same size since i was 15 so i guess time to accept my WOMANLY curves now and get a new wardrobe.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #25
Yettamae

Quote:
Thanks, I'm looking forwards to seeing how it works for you!

and you're exactly right, its about quality, not quantity.

You could also try super setting two shoulder exercises together. Personally, I super set Lateral Raises with Arnold Presses. You don't have to do much to get an intense workout (and my shoulders are my weak point... damn them!!!).
Thanx for the tip I might add a super set or even a giant set once and while to shock em good
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #26
Yettamae

10/01 Shoulders

Shoulders 10/01

Barbell Press 4 x 8
30-40-40-40 (Feeling strong! Woo hoo!)

Side Lateral 4 x 8
10-10-10-12 (Will go up 12 pounds on 3rd set)

Rear Delt 4 x 8
10-10-10-10 (I was going to use the machine but a some meat head jerks were hogging it up! Grrr...)

Cardio (none)
My calves are still sore. I think I pushed them too much, come to find out the standing calves machine is the one that you have to put plates on it and the bar is weighted,too, so it was over 90. So maybe if I actually did do 90 I wouldn't be as sore. Oh well live and learn.

Abs (none)
Didn't have time gym was closing early today.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #27
ironmaidn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yettamae
Thanx girl. I am planning to bulk, but have a lean bulk, not a dirty one. I am trying to maintain my legs, just working on beefing up my arms and getting better development in my back. It needs work and more training. I'm not sure if I am making gains or not. I have increased my strength a hell of alot. I hate posting sometimes because my lifts aren't as impressive as most on here.I keep telling myself it's not about the quanity, but the quality of the lift. My husband is stoked that I am lifting 75 pounds with my back. He's starting to get skeptical. Jokeling saying he hopes I still look like Yetta and not a man when he sees me.

I refuse to get on the scale or even measure myself it depresses me. As long size 2 and 3 juniors still I am not going to panic, if they start getting tight then it time to go on a diet! lol I will let my husband be the judge once he sees me in a couple of weeks. I look at myself all the time.

It's been hard to stay on a bulking diet because of school. I have been having problems as of late getting all my meals in mostly on Wednesdays. Just because I teach classes back to back then go staight to another class, which sucks,now I have a choir rehearsals that just started on on Wednesday night!

Hey question, which do you think is better 3 or 4 sets. I know some competitors that do, my husband thinks that is too much and shouldn't be done all the time. What are your thoughts?
Sorry gett'n back to you so late on this. As far as sets, I usually stick to 3 sets, however, when I am working on a particular "lagging" body part I go for 4 sets. Keep in mind it is Quality vs. Quanity most of the time. You know what you are doing. Listen to your body. When building or bulking my legs for example, I will do 4-6 sets but my reps are like 8,6,4,2,1 rep. The 1 rep set is enough to push my uterus out literally! (LOL) I love those power moves and so important for a strong foundation in training. It's the powerlifter in me that will train that way some times. Hope this helped.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #28
Yettamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmaidn
Sorry gett'n back to you so late on this. As far as sets, I usually stick to 3 sets, however, when I am working on a particular "lagging" body part I go for 4 sets. Keep in mind it is Quality vs. Quanity most of the time. You know what you are doing. Listen to your body. When building or bulking my legs for example, I will do 4-6 sets but my reps are like 8,6,4,2,1 rep. The 1 rep set is enough to push my uterus out literally! (LOL) I love those power moves and so important for a strong foundation in training. It's the powerlifter in me that will train that way some times. Hope this helped.
Yes, thank you!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #29
Yettamae

Bis and Tris 10/6

Biceps and Triceps

Barbell Curl 3 x 10
20-20-30

Close Grip Bench Press 3 x 10
30-30-30 (Will go up to 40 on last set next time)

I was going to do Preacher curls, but all the EZ-Bars were being used up, so I did Alternating Biceps Curl with a Twist 3 x 10
10-10-12 (Will go up to 12 on second set next time)

Lying Tricep Extensions with Dumbells 3 x 10

Hammer Curl 3 x 10

Tricep Pushdowns 3 x 10
30-30-30

Cardio
EFX Crosstrainer 20 mins

I was going to do chest and back today, but I wasn't feeling particularly strong today. I was pretty wore out from this week at school and I was also getting some arthritis in my shoulder and I didn't want to stress it doing incline presses. Most likely I will be sore tommorrow, so I most likely will do legs instead of chest and back. As for I next week I will be changing my split to:

Monday:Shoulders, abs, cardio
Friday:Chest, Back, cardio
Saturday:Legs, abs, cardio
Sunday:Bis, Tris, cardio

So far my arms are beginning to appear bigger, especially my shoulders. I think I need them to be a little wider, but I am at least starting to get some size to them. I will be posting offseason pics as soon as my hubby arrives to Florida in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see him!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #30
Yettamae

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie
well i just had to give away two bags of my "skinny" size o clothes. been wearing same size since i was 15 so i guess time to accept my WOMANLY curves now and get a new wardrobe.
Same size since you were 15! Damn, girl! lol Yeah you are right girl it is time, but it's all good. Women are supposed to have cuves. Know when you start getting TOO many curves, then it's time to panic! lol I am leaving size 0 and 00 clothes and kiddie clothes for cutting time and my 2-3's for offseason