Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • preist943
    VET
    • Apr 2018

you should all look up kraytom its a root that hits pain receptors but not a drug . mangda is the strongest form 1/2 teaspoon meassured to start and more as you go on i use 1 teaspoon . it hits the pain receptors like taking a vicoden works great and again not a drug but solves my pain issues and last about 6 hrs . i take it by mixing it with a shot of rum so it hits the syster faster but you can make a tea out of it . mix it in your favorite tea .. it works wonders

Comment

• Dakota
      VET
      • Feb 2017

I can relate to this just like all the other old timers here. Years of grinding. Recovery is slower for sure. But I also think it is not just recovery but the general aches and pains of aging. I have discovered kratom. It is an incredible analgesic and takes all those general aches and pains almost completely away. The bad part is once you start using it and feel the pain relief you will never want do without and I am not sure about the long term use. There hasn't been much study. It has been used in other parts of the world for centuries though. It makes you a little buzzed the first couple times you use it but after that there is no altered state and you are fully functional. No worry about driving or heavy equipment etc. You are fully alert.

I expect because it works so damn well it will be outlawed. It has gone back and forth in a few states. Odd to make pot and mushrooms legal while making kratom a controlled substance but it would not surprise me. Lots of do gooders in politics trying to make a name for themselves.

There is a great documentary on Netflex all about kratom.
      The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

I'm pretty sure Keaton has been put on a government banned list.
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Moto Ace
          Vet
          • Dec 2015

Pain is a daily staple in our lives at this age haha 56yoa with 6 sets of plates and screws in my right foot and 3 fusions in my left foot so I know a little about pain. Squat day does me in for about 3 days afterwards. CBD has been a daily routine and provides pain relief for me

Comment

• Dakota
            VET
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Roughrydr
            I'm pretty sure Keaton has been put on a government banned list.
            No it is still legal almost everywhere.
            The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Beef Newton
              VET
              • Nov 2018

Hey, for those using CBD, are you using it orally or like a cream? Need some suggestions. I tried oil from CBDistillery and never felt a damn thing. If anyone has recommendations on a known-good oil or cream, I'm all ears. Carpal is fucking killing me

Comment

• therealj
                VET
                • Sep 2019

I relate to all of this at 42, too many miles on these legs from my early sports days I think...that and a neglect of stretching. For what it's worth my joints feel a hell of a lot better on MK677

Comment

• Glycomann

Things that help me:
                  1. stretching daily
                  2. Yoga when shit goes sideways (i.e. constant low back and neck pain)
                  3. NSAIDS intermittently. diclofenac works well but tough on kidneys so watch it.
                  4. Stay away from AIs. They squat fucking joint pain in old cunts like us.
                  5. Adjust test dose to control estrogen
                  6. Use nolvadex instead of AIs when estrogen control is necessary
                  7. Back off on weight when necessary.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                    • Oct 2017

Great advice G man. I went to a yoga class but farted real loud on one of the bending over things. I havent been back since. Lol.
                    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• therealj
                      VET
                      • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Glycomann
                      Things that help me:
                      1. stretching daily
                      2. Yoga when shit goes sideways (i.e. constant low back and neck pain)
                      3. NSAIDS intermittently. diclofenac works well but tough on kidneys so watch it.
                      4. Stay away from AIs. They squat fucking joint pain in old cunts like us.
                      5. Adjust test dose to control estrogen
                      6. Use nolvadex instead of AIs when estrogen control is necessary
                      7. Back off on weight when necessary.
                      Thanks for points 4-6, I'm going to start some test for the first time in 13 years and have been racking my brain about what to do for AI's....I'm going to do a pretty modest 250mg every 4-6 days so I will likely just keep nolvadex on hand and only use if necessary

Comment

• Roughrydr
                        • Oct 2017

LOL. I give you 4 weeks at 250.or so until you jack it up to 500. I actually feel better at 500 than 200-250.
                        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• mrhtbd
                          • Apr 2015

I’m in constant pain but I don’t take anything for it. I’m feeling life with my face to the wind; I came in that way, I’ll go out that way. Just another excuse to do less, but I’m on a mission so I push on.

Comment

• therealj
                            VET
                            • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                            LOL. I give you 4 weeks at 250.or so until you jack it up to 500. I actually feel better at 500 than 200-250.
                            Maybe...but after 13 years off I'm going to start slow...will likely be 250mg e5d to try and keep my levels a little bit more stable.

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
                              VET
                              • Feb 2017

I stay away from all NSAID's and my kidneys have thanked me greatly.

I take a few glucosamine sulphate tabs a day, SAM-e and tumeric and they all help. The problem areas I hit with some bpc-157. I get atleast 1 massage a month, most of the time 2.

BPP

Comment

Working...