!!!!!!!!!Shawn Rhoden wins 2018 Mr Olympia!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

!!!!!!!!!Shawn Rhoden wins 2018 Mr Olympia!!!!!!!

HELL YEAHHHH!!!

• MR. BMJ
    • Apr 2006

Yea, it was well deserved. He looked much better than Heath. If Heath had his midsection in place, he'd win every show he entered....but it was all over the place, and he was holding water and sweating it out like crazy. He was out of place, and his posing was off. Even his strong points in the back were off due to his posing, and Rhoden was good to enough to hang ion during those poses, while soundly beating Phil on every front pose. Even Heath's signature most muscular pose didn't look good.

Comment

• A.B
      VET
      • Jun 2004

Wow!!! Congrats to Rhodan. Awesome!!! Still have to have a look at the pics

Comment

• HDH
        • Jun 2015

Good shit.

You could tell heath wasn't expecting the loss.

Comment

• Big B
          Banned
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by HDH
          Good shit.

You could tell heath wasn't expecting the loss.
          No he wasn't. He thought he had already won this year soon right after winning last year's O. He could have looked so much better. Didn't look bad at all but wasn't the same ol Phil. Not sure what happened bc I know he wasn't lighter like he said he was going to be. Rhonden, guys, he is 43. It has to make you feel better knowing you can still compete with the best to be the BEST (aka Ferigno, Dickerson & Dexter). Will Dexter retire? Will soon be 49. Keep rolling and give older guys like me confidence

Comment

• Big B
            Banned
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
            HELL YEAHHHH!!!

I knew you would be happy lol. I'm very pleased with it. A lot of underdogs are moving up and looking good. I believe competitions will be tough for years to come. Oh Ramy! What happened, brother??!!

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Heath's abs were way off in the pix I saw. I am surprised he came out second, but the pix I view were emphasising his weakness in fairness.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• HDH
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Big B
                No he wasn't. He thought he had already won this year soon right after winning last year's O. He could have looked so much better. Didn't look bad at all but wasn't the same ol Phil. Not sure what happened bc I know he wasn't lighter like he said he was going to be. Rhonden, guys, he is 43. It has to make you feel better knowing you can still compete with the best to be the BEST (aka Ferigno, Dickerson & Dexter). Will Dexter retire? Will soon be 49. Keep rolling and give older guys like me confidence
                Ya, wasn't near as graceful as Cutler when he lost to Jackson.

It appears that Phil Fuvked up with the intention on coming in lighter. He should have stuck with what he's been doing. His trying to come in 5lbs or so lighter threw a wrench in that shit

Comment

• Dakota
                  VET
                  • Feb 2017

I can't imagine competing professionally. That would be SO hard to take a big loss or consistently place in the 5 to 10 spots. The game is so subjective you would have to be thinking you were better than X and Y all the time. People can even agree on the goats, there is so much roof for an argument in any given contest.
                  The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I'm hoping this sets a new precedent with big bellies - Phil was the only one in the top 6 with a gut. That's crazy considering recent years & long overdue!

I think a key time on stage that killed Phil was when they called the abs n thigh. Phil was huffing n puffing preparing for the shot - looked like he just ran a sprint - belly all hanging out while breathing hard. Meanwhile, Rhoden was just standing there all cool & calm looking at him huffing n puffing with a slight smile & look like "Let's do this shot - you know I own you". And he did.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Big B
                      I knew you would be happy lol. I'm very pleased with it. A lot of underdogs are moving up and looking good. I believe competitions will be tough for years to come. Oh Ramy! What happened, brother??!!
                      They had him listed at 310 on Friday night when he looked smooth as shit. Sat night he was listed at 286 - a 24lb drop in 24 hours. How true that is I dunno, but he looked it. He was night and day between those showings. He might have won or placed #2 had he came in looking that way on Friday night. His team needs fired for fucking up so bad. This guy needs to go the entire rest of the year without training quads at all. Get on the bike for long distances and lose about 4" off them bitches. He is wayyy off balance - makes his calves look like twigs.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                        • Apr 2006

His legs are just fukkin' gigantic....HUGE! He should have came in Friday like he did on Saturday, then fine tuned it even more from there for Saturday. Flippin' sucks, he seems like a cool ass guy, but he is owned by those guys who train him. I think this is why Chris still thought positive of him after he parted ways. He pretty much has to follow what those guys tell him, or he is dust.

Can't disagree with anything in this thread. Do you guys think Heath's abs are beyond repair or going back to normal?

Yea, nobody else had the problems he did, and I like that because their frames are more aesthetic. I like the mass, don't get me wrong, but it has to look good, or otherwise, what's the point. I mean, over the past few years we were all thinking Roelly was beyond repair, but he shut down that accusation and came in phenomenal shape. He also still has his abs.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by MR. BMJ
                          His legs are just fukkin' gigantic....HUGE! He should have came in Friday like he did on Saturday, then fine tuned it even more from there for Saturday. Flippin' sucks, he seems like a cool ass guy, but he is owned by those guys who train him. I think this is why Chris still thought positive of him after he parted ways. He pretty much has to follow what those guys tell him, or he is dust.

Can't disagree with anything in this thread. Do you guys think Heath's abs are beyond repair or going back to normal?

Yea, nobody else had the problems he did, and I like that because their frames are more aesthetic. I like the mass, don't get me wrong, but it has to look good, or otherwise, what's the point. I mean, over the past few years we were all thinking Roelly was beyond repair, but he shut down that accusation and came in phenomenal shape. He also still has his abs.
                          In a post show interview with Palumbo, Aceto, Milos, Samir, Platz, Singerman...Aceto said Phil's ab situation is a done thing - can't be fixed. Now obviously his opinion is biased being he is in Rhodens corner. But if you look at the pics of Phil hitting poses - even when he is controlling his gut, it still looks like shit. Fdb, fls, even mm, his midsection looks like shit & bloated. Looks even worse being he is narrow. You KNOW he had to have tried his best to fix it since he got ridiculed in 2017, yet still shit? You know he wanted to come in 2018 to claim #8 looking fantastic, but he didn't. Ya think he has got so used to winning with a gut that he thinks they would hand it to him automatically regardless? Who knows.

Good point about Roelly - a few years back his gut was the worst. Since then, looks great - and with good abs too. IF I'm Phil, I'm trying to contact Roelly's source of info for fixing that gut haha. Might be too late at 39.

Comment

Working...