Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Tom Platz

https://youtu.be/s6H-xs0fPyM

Unbelievable!

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
A1food4u

all I can think of is "where the hell does he buy pants???"
Old 09-26-2018, 01:38 PM   #3
Big B
Banned

Big B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really niceBig B is just really nice
The King of Legs...
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Crazy strong!
Old 09-26-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
Dawgpound_Hank

Legzilla for sure!

This is the vid with Kaz in the background - he said 25 years later that Platz was using fake weights there. It shocked everybody him saying that when he was right there to witness the event. His reply was he "didn't check the weight" duhhh. What a tool for saying that. I posted the vid with Kaz saying that here in GD awhile back.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:13 AM   #6
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Yeah, I remembered it having been posted before after the fact. And the ensuing discussion. After watching it a few times I'm convinced its 100% legit.
If you look at that last rep, the exhaustion, where he literally has to be held up, you cant fake that. But before I posted it I froze the frame at the end showing the large plates, 495. They looked real to me. Also there are videos of Platz repping 225 50 times. So for me, having actually squatted that much for a few reps, and comparing my age to Platz at the times in our lives respectively, it is more likely legit than fake. Plus there were scores of guys on the stage. You know Platz didnt load the bar up. The other guys did. It's legit, in my opinion. Kaz was jealous.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Old 09-27-2018, 08:47 AM   #7
Friggemall

I believe it was real also.

Here is one of him squatting back in the day 325 x 30 reps...look at the bounce of the bar...shows me its real.

Not sure what the weight on the bar is on his squat at 62 y/o is but its friggen heavy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx1GyKkgecs

Last edited by Friggemall; 09-27-2018 at 08:50 AM..
Old 09-27-2018, 08:02 PM   #8
Roughrydr

Amazing.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Old 09-27-2018, 09:12 PM   #9
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
Also there are videos of Platz repping 225 50 times.
I don't know if there are videos of this, but he has said on numerous occasions that he has squatted 315 for 50 reps, and squatted 225 for 10 minutes STRAIGHT non-stop.

There's a vid on YT where someone is comparing his and Ramy's quads debating who's was bigger. While Ramy's might be slightly bigger being he is 2-3" taller, his quads aren't even in the same league as Tom's regarding overall development, ie, separation, definition, cross striations. Not even close. Same for hams. There's that one famous pic of Tom flexing his hams and there is nothing but a bundle of sliced ribbons. His legs truly looked alien.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:35 PM   #10
Dawgpound_Hank

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 02-11-2019 at 03:26 PM..
Old 09-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #11
Dawgpound_Hank

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 02-11-2019 at 03:25 PM..
Old 09-27-2018, 09:38 PM   #12
Dawgpound_Hank

Old 09-27-2018, 10:26 PM   #13
Dawgpound_Hank

Platz and Arnold are in their own elite group of 2 members. Even many years later since being at their best (37 years for Tom, 44 years for Arnold), they both have a bodypart that has stood the test of time & yet to be surpassed . That's not just my opinion, but the views of top guys in bodybuilding circles over the decades. Tom for legs, Arnie for biceps.

When it comes to other bdpts there is debate, but none for the aforementioned. THAT is truly friggin' amazing considering the evolution of supplements, PED's, and the fact that the bodybuilding pool is astronomically higher than back in their day.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:48 AM   #14
Roughrydr

It all takes us back to the debate of how to grow legs. And the final jeopardy answer is, it takes endless, painful, death defying work.
Countless reps. Constant increase as the body adapts to any given weight. Putting the body through excruciating torture and willing to live with the pain.
Then of course with Platz, add in super human genetics.
Awesome, inspiring pics.
But I still hate leg day with a passion.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Old 09-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #15
Friggemall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
It all takes us back to the debate of how to grow legs. And the final jeopardy answer is, it takes endless, painful, death defying work.
Countless reps. Constant increase as the body adapts to any given weight. Putting the body through excruciating torture and willing to live with the pain.
Then of course with Platz, add in super human genetics.
Awesome, inspiring pics.
But I still hate leg day with a passion.
100% agree on all points maybe I have a love/hate thing on leg day though lol