0311 Journal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday

I missed Friday's workout due to poor nutrition and sitting on the I-405 for over 3 hours in traffic coming home. There was no way under God I was going to do legs (20 repper) coming off of sitting in my car all that time hungry as hell! I feel physically sick missing a f'ing leg day, but in drawing from my experience, it would've been a complete waste of time bothering. Chances are I would've started cramping up and just delayed my recovery time for Monday's workout. Plus, there is no such thing as "making up a missed workout"..Oh well. The main reason was because I just completed a company run obstacle course which kicked my ass.

Monday

Incline Dumbbell Press:
    LT- 80 [17, 6, 4] 27 RP
    TT- 90 [15, 5, 3] 23 RP (static)

Paramount Press:
    LT- 195 [12, 6, 4] 22 RP
    TT- 205 [12, 5, 3] 20 RP (static)

Weighted Dips:
    LT- 195 [15, 7, 5] 27 RP
    TT- BW [15, 5, 5] 25 RP (static)

Pulldowns:
    LT- 240 [13, 6, 3] 22 RP
    TT- 250 [13, 5, 3] 21 RP (static)

Barbell (JS) Rows:
    LT- 225 [2 x 12]
    TT- 235 [2 x 12]

* After each exercise, a 1 minute loaded stretch.

- Felt terrific all day even though I hit the gym within a half hour of waking up. Incline dumbbells were of course increased easily. Nothing new with the shoulder press. I got stuck on my second and third rest/pause with a half rep, but I didn't count it since it wasn't a full one. Weighted dips I tried today for the first time since my pec tear. I only wanted to use my bodyweight (<260) and took the reps really slow. My pec felt great, so I'll start adding a lot more weight and see what happens. I normally don't do statics for triceps, but this time I just held myself upright and slightly bent my arms. JS Rows once again sucked the life out of me. Still managed to bust through without passing out.

- My nutrition was good to go today. Preworkout I had 2 scoops isolate with 50 grams of maltodextrin. After my first set of JS Rows I needed a pick-me-up so I started downing my premade Vitargo shake. 75 grams of Vitargo with 3 grams cee and some extra BCAA's. Got home 20 minutes later and started my 3 scoops of cold filtration isolate in water. My wife was home and when I got out of the shower I had a nice juicy NY steak waiting Pretty perfect senario IMO.

Comment

• PTAaron

Nice progressions. Glad to hear your pec is "letting you" work out again

Sounds like you've got yourself a good woman there too!

Comment

Originally posted by PTAaron
        Nice progressions. Glad to hear your pec is "letting you" work out again

Sounds like you've got yourself a good woman there too!
        Yeah, my pec is almost 100%, it's just the psychological aspect of it retearing again. If that happens, I swear I'm just going to drop lifting altogether and just become a 180 lb cardio stud like in the Marines. Going through all that recovery all over again is too much!

My wife's awesome! She comes home from work about the time I leave for mine. So, she remembers what days I lift and always stops at the store to pick me up my postworkout meal..Either cottage cheese, steak, ect..

Comment

• PTAaron

Awesome man.

I'm paranoid about chest pressing movements myself because of the location of my shoulder repair

Comment

• irongirl

Doing great 0311!!

Comment

Originally posted by irongirl
              Doing great 0311!!
              Thanks for stopping in IG!

Wednesday

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
              LT- 50 [13, 6, 3] 22 RP
              TT- 55 [12, 5, 3] 20 RP (pulses)

Reverse Curls:
              LT- 70 [1 x 19]
              TT- 80 [1 x 17]

Straight-Leg Hammer:
              LT- 270 [12 DC]
              TT- 290 [12 DC]

Lying Leg Curls:
              LT- 110 [15, 8, 5] 28 RP
              TT- 120 [16, 8, 4] (static)

A2G Back Squats:
              LT- 285 [1 x 8], 225 [1 x 20]
              TT- 300 [1 x 7], 235 [1 x 20]

- Dead tired walking into the gym today. Too many night shifts in a row. Still killed the logbook so I'm happy. Nothing really to report except for A2G squats. The last couple of reps on my first set were pretty slow. I'm sure missing Friday's workout didn't help my power. The widowmaker was super difficult today compared to last time. My knee felt a little wierd on the fourth rep, so I kept the weight on my back and shook it out. Bad mistake. I made it to 15 reps before my back started killing me. So I rest/paused the rest. I got up to 18 reps, then rested about 10 seconds, then barely finished. I just might keep the widowmaker weight the same for next time..I want to nail all 20 straight before adding more weight. I probably could've done it, but I lost 5 seconds fucking with my knee.

Knee feels terrific now, don't know what happened but IMO it isn't anything to stress over.

Comment

• PTAaron

Great progress again. Nice job!

Comment

Friday

Incline Smythe:
                  LT- 255 [14, 4, 3] 21 RP
                  TT- 265 [10, 3, 2] 15 RP (static)

Seated Dumbbell Press:
                  LT- 70 [13, 4, 3] 20 RP
                  TT- 75 [12, 3, 2] 17 RP (pulses)

Skullcrushers:
                  LT- 60 [15, 8, 5] 28 RP
                  TT- 70 [15, 6, 4] 25 RP

Rev. Grip Pulldowns:
                  LT- 220 [13, 5, 3] 22 RP
                  TT- 230 [12, 5, 3] 20 RP (static)

Deadlifts:
                  LT- 315 [1 x 8], 365 [1 x 4]
                  TT- 335 [1 x 8], 385 [1 x 4]

- Got really lazy with the incline press. I wasn't really pushing as hard as I should've. My second and third "mini" rest/pause set should've had an extra rep apiece. I got stuck halfway up and lost the fight. Pussed out on those. So, next time I'm keeping the weight the same and blasting up at least 18-20 RP! Seated dumbbells were good to go. I did about a 10 second static afterwards, then lowered it down and did about another 10 or so pulses. Deadlifts were still pretty easy. Still refuse to puss out and wear a belt..I had one of my gym buddies take a few pics of me deadlifting that look terrific! You'll notice the lack of any "queer gear" . True to form, I won't wear a belt until I'm in the mid 400's. I just need to borrow my sister-in-law's cord that attaches the camera phone to the computer! Hopefully by tomorrow. :devil1:

Comment

Still waiting on the camera hookup..I'm hoping to augment my journal with some pics soon!

Monday

Barbell Curls:
                    LT- 115 [14, 6, 4] 24 RP
                    TT- 125 [13, 5, 3] 21 RP (pulses)

Hammer Curls:
                    LT- 55 [1 x 14]
                    TT- 55 [1 x 18]

Donkey Calves:
                    LT- 215 [12 DC]
                    TT- 235 [14 DC]

Seated Leg Curls:
                    LT- 165 [17, 8, 5] 30 RP
                    TT- 180 [16, 8, 5] 29 RP (static)

A2G Front Squats: (heels elevated on 10 lb. plates)
                    LT- 225 [1 x 8]; 165 [1 x 20]
                    TT- 235 [1 x 8]; 175 [1 x 20]

- I could've easily done a 45 plate per side for barbell curls but I'm trying to not burn myself out. Same goes for the front squats..I absolutely should've went heavier and next time I certainly will. Next time I'm shooting for 255 lbs for a set of 5-8 reps. The widowmaker was very difficult again. But, it's gotten easier in regards to keeping the bar on my clavicle.

Comment

Wednesday

Decline Dumbbell:
                      LT- 80 [14, 7, 5] 26 RP
                      TT- 90 [15, 5, 3] 23 RP (static)

Behind the Neck Smythe Press:
                      LT- 205 [14, 5, 3] 22 RP
                      TT- 215 [9, 5, 4] 18 RP (static)

Rev. Grip Bench:
                      LT- 225 [12, 6, 3] 21 RP
                      TT- 235 [10, 4, 3] 17 RP

Rack Chins:
                      LT- 20 [14, 5, 3] 22 RP
                      TT- 30 [15, 7, 4] 26 RP (pulses)

Rack Deadlifts:
                      LT- 365 [1 x 8], 405 [1 x 4]
                      TT- 385 [1 x 8], 425 [1 x 4]

- Killed the log book today..Bigtime. Decline dumbbell needs more weight, period. I used a longer than normal negative on each rep. I was still sketchy about my pec, but it's another week without any sign at all of any retears. Rack chins was twice as strong as last time. Again, I love this exercise because I used a long negative each rep. I don't know what happened last time beyond me not being used to doing them. Another 10 lb raise at least for next time..I'm leaning towards the 50 lb bar. Rack deads were still done without the use of a belt. I'm debating on whether or not to start using the belt for next week's second set, since I'll be shooting for 445 lbs for 4 reps. Great day.

Comment

Friday:

Wide Cable Curls:
                        LT- n/a
                        TT- 150 [16, 5, 4] 25 RP (static)

Pinwheel Curls:
                        LT- n/a
                        TT- 45 [1 x 12]

Seated Calves:
                        LT- n/a
                        TT- 225 [12 DC]

Leg Press:
                        LT- n/a
                        TT- 630 [1 x 10], 360 [1 x 21]

SLDL:
                        LT- n/a
                        TT- 225 x 6, 235 x 6, 245 x 6, 255 x 6, 265 x 6

- Loved the wide grip cables. They allowed me to use a long 4 second negative on every rep. (description on page 1). Pinwheel curls were harder than I thought, keeping the reps really slow. Seated calves had a 15 second stretch between every rep. Leg presses were with the "harder" machine, not the easy sled. Full ROM..The machine bottomed out on every rep. SLDL's were brutal. I did sets of 6, resting only long enough to add another 10 lbs and go again. Shooting for at least 4 sets, and I got 5..Maybe another. Next time I'll start with 235-245 and do it again.

Comment

Monday

Incline Dumbbell Press:
                          LT- 90 [15, 5, 3] 23 RP
                          TT- 100 [12, 4, 3] 19 RP(static)

Paramount Press:
                          LT- 205 [12, 5, 3] 20 RP
                          TT- 215 [12, 4, 3] 19 RP(static)

Weighted Dips:
                          LT- BW [15, 5, 5] 25 RP
                          TT- 20 [13, 5, 4] 22 RP

Pulldowns:
                          LT- 250 [13, 5, 3] 21 RP
                          TT- 260 [12, 5, 3] 20 RP (static)

Barbell Rows:
                          LT- 235 [2 x 12]
                          TT- 245 [2 x 12]

- Everything was good to go. Nothing really to report. My strength is progressing nicely. Now I find myself more used to pushing through for that extra rep. Incline dumbbells I might go up to the 110's. Depends on how I feel. Pulldowns I didn't feel like I had 100% control on. For the last few reps, I couldn't control the negative as slow as I wanted. Barbell rows need a lot more weight. The past two cycles I used JS Rows for both sets of 12, wiping me out. Now I'm doing the Yates style, bringing my back further up, which will also help strengthen my lower back. Good day, and great post nutrition as always.

Comment

Working...