I found the magic secret...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

I found the magic secret...

A couple weeks back I started a full body routine 3x a week. Similar to old 50's type shit, but without the light/medium/heavy days. Every day is medium-heavy in the 8-12 range for upper body & 12-20 range for legs. Figured I would do it as a "maintenance-mode" for the winter bcoz being off cycle, cold weather is here & hell on my joints/injuries, and lastly, needed something different after the same ol same ol. Well this has turned into quite more than maintenance mode - all my lifts are soaring! I do 1 exercise for each bdpt, and after warm ups, do 2 grind sets. That's it. Each of the 3 workouts are completely different exercises. My lifts have climbed back to damn near what I was using when on - that's just crazy for me, especially being one who typically loses a shitload of strength when off. I think there's something to this much higher frequency but low volume gig. Then again, could just be the gainz from making such a dramatic routine switch. I'm gonna ride this out and see what happens. Another thing is I don't feel completely burnt out and always sore as hell as I always was when wrecking each bdpt once ew. I'll keep y'all posted. Kidding about a magic secret haha, but this is pretty freaking crazy regarding steady gainz at this stage.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-07-2017, 10:53 PM.
  • Darkness
    • Apr 2011

Thanks bro. Wouldn't hurt to try this!

Comment

• Moto Ace
      Vet
      • Dec 2015

Keep us posted!

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

I think sometime a change in routine works very well.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Friggemall

are you "supersetting" them or one body part at a time?

This sounds interesting to my old ass.

Comment

• Glycomann

I found the secret 25 years ago. It was called Winstrol. Then the devil made it kill my joints.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Friggemall
              are you "supersetting" them or one body part at a time?

This sounds interesting to my old ass.
              The only thing I superset is when I get to bi's & tri's simply bcoz I enjoy the fuller arm pump. Everything else is straight sets. I'm in the gym about 80 mins to complete around 40 (warm-up + worksets) sets. Might seem like a long time only for that, but I like to get enough rest in to use max weights for said reps. Sure if I wanted to use baby weights & just go go go it would be quick, but baby weights don't build muscle haha.

Comment

• basskiller
                Administrator
                • Aug 2003

Honestly.. I think if you cycle gear, you should also cycle your workout to shock the muscle.
                Owner of
                Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
                basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

I've been doing something very similar to this for the past year roughly. Mainly because I'm so old and hurt very badly when I go over 405 on anything. So I'm staying under 405 on everything and warming up then three sets of 15 reps or more. I have not only maintained but have become more vascular and leaner.
                  Good stuff Dog!
                  And I've always supersetted arms since reading Larry Scott's philosophy in M&F back in the '80's when I was in the joint.
                  Last edited by Roughrydr; 12-09-2017, 09:56 AM.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• BrutalHoney
                    VET
                    • Nov 2016

This is freaky, I've been considering something very similar this evening...

Comment

• Friggemall

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                      The only thing I superset is when I get to bi's & tri's simply bcoz I enjoy the fuller arm pump. Everything else is straight sets. I'm in the gym about 80 mins to complete around 40 (warm-up + worksets) sets. Might seem like a long time only for that, but I like to get enough rest in to use max weights for said reps. Sure if I wanted to use baby weights & just go go go it would be quick, but baby weights don't build muscle haha.
                      Thank you DPH!

Comment

• Friggemall

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                        Thank you DPH!

Comment

Working...