Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Health and medical articles
User Name
Password

Old 11-23-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
Aging

Lifts, do you agree with all this?

http://www.maxworkouts.com/lp/3-wors...SAAEgJoLPD_BwE
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:46 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I agree with a little bit of it, it's written to sell a specific program. I believe as we age weight training using a push/pull/legs routine is most beneficial. some cardio should be included. I like a high protein/ moderate carb/lower fat diet. Our metabolism slows down if we adopt a sedentary lifestyle. I use certain supplements to enhance my lifestyle and slow aging.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Old age sucks. Weight training is the fountain of youth. I e still got grey hair, but I'm the only guy my age that I have personally seen, not in a magazine that looks as good as I do.....from the neck down. I cant help my face so I cover it in veard.
Roughrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:42 AM   #4
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
Old age sucks. Weight training is the fountain of youth. I e still got grey hair, but I'm the only guy my age that I have personally seen, not in a magazine that looks as good as I do.....from the neck down. I cant help my face so I cover it in veard.
Agreed!
Old 11-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
Glycomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
Agree with all three of you guys. Weight training keeps us aging more slowly. I think a lot of it has to do with reversing the insults from shit in the environment. Whatever, it is it works. Also stretching and doing some sort of athletic stuff like heavy bag work, sprints, biking, grappling work for me. Plus reasonable hormone use helps a lot. TRT and peptides or GH 1/2 the year and then 2 mild cycles. Works great.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:13 PM   #6
DA Phantom

DA Phantom is on a distinguished road
just staying in shape is huge it keeps you younger certain supps do help and I believe that test replacement is necessary
DA Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #7
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
my doc says I have a brutal hobby when he's treating my hip injury... lol but then he says you do have a good physique and seems to question why am I still heaving the iron at 56
Old 01-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
Glycomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by water43 View Post
my doc says I have a brutal hobby when he's treating my hip injury... lol but then he says you do have a good physique and seems to question why am I still heaving the iron at 56
Hey we're the same age fellow knuckle head! My doc loves it that I still train and look good.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:07 AM   #9
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
I had a routine checkup with my cardiologist yesterday, he was concerned that he hadn't seen me at the gym recently. I told him that I go the new gym with 24 hours access, so that I can workout 24 hours a day. Lifting, good diet, trt, hgh, supps and activity in general all help to keep up younger than our couch potato counterparts in age.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #10
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
I had a routine checkup with my cardiologist yesterday, he was concerned that he hadn't seen me at the gym recently. I told him that I go the new gym with 24 hours access, so that I can workout 24 hours a day. Lifting, good diet, trt, hgh, supps and activity in general all help to keep up younger than our couch potato counterparts in age.
All doctors tell me that I look good and that my body is more toned than people my age. When I tell colleagues that I have to retire later this year they say "already? You don't look your age. You look ten years younger". I should probably eat cleaner (less carbs) and listen to my body more (people keep telling me that I do too much but my mentor/coach says I'm doing great) .....
Old 01-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #11
HOTROCKS

HOTROCKS will become famous soon enough
I'll be 65 yo this Sunday...

Hot Rocks aka HIGH12 is A true American Psycho!

HOTROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM   #12
liftsiron
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROCKS View Post
Hey bro, good to see you.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #13
Glycomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
All doctors tell me that I look good and that my body is more toned than people my age. When I tell colleagues that I have to retire later this year they say "already? You don't look your age. You look ten years younger". I should probably eat cleaner (less carbs) and listen to my body more (people keep telling me that I do too much but my mentor/coach says I'm doing great) .....
Retire to the south of Spain and stalk Dorian maybe?
Old 02-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #14
millenium girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROCKS View Post
Happy Belated Birthday HR

Retiring to the south? Not for me. I'd rather go to England or in AZ
Old 02-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #15
Glycomann

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
Happy Belated Birthday HR

Retiring to the south? Not for me. I'd rather go to England or in AZ