Ok gents, do you really need all that stuff?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicken_hawk
    VET
    • May 2018

Ok gents, do you really need all that stuff?

This is a spin off poll type topic from my gym thread, but how much equiptment do you need. Ironically, i have always been a cable bbell and dbbell guy along with a couple basic things like leg press, pec deck etc. Maybe, its me and my ego that says somehow i managed to get to 275 without all the sideways one arm reverse lat pulldown so i can develope my middle outer lat. But, when choosing a gym just how much do you need or desire?

Personally, i feel a variety is great for bussiness. Wow, i can blast my pecs from 13 angles....awesome....I'm in! But, how many would choose a competitive mature atmosphere over equiptment? I polled my friends all three of them and only one said atmoshphere, but ironically he was stronger than the other two combined Sarcasm intentional.

Hawk
  • Big B
    Banned
    • Jan 2016

Free weights would take a gym far. How many dumbbells exercises are there? Barbell? The list of exercises go forever. Throw cables in there. I can live with just that. I have to say, when comes to machines, I much prefer plate loaded Hammer Strength machines over weighted stack machines. Cheaper too. A few of those would be a bonus. If anything, maybe a weight stack pullup/dip machine by HS?

Comment

• A1food4u

young uns like the flashy machines, the more specialized they are the more they like them, its weird

Comment

• water43
        Vet
        • Mar 2010

I like hammer strength equipment
        the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Personally I like gyms with a lot of various equipment.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• choke

Squat rack, and good heavy bar.

Other that, I literally carry everything I "need" in a suitcase everywhere I travel. And that is a set of rings, or a TRX set up depending on length of travel, which dictates suitcase size. Big suitcase, I take my wooden rings; but at a minimum I always take my TRX. I can do anything I need with that kit.

But at the house, I have my kettlebelle's, adjustable DB's, med balls, and my Bulgarian Bags, and pull up bar. Oh wait... my grappling mats... and my sandbag.

I am however thinking about getting a new rack, and plates from Rogue, with their rower as well.

Comment

• chicken_hawk
              VET
              • May 2018

Thanks gents. If we do this gym thing we would have to get rid of some equiptment but I proposed keeping all the hammer stuff, dbbells to 150, the jungle, l press, l extension l curl, 1 preacher, 2 power racks, 2 oly/dlift platforms, 2 flat and 1 incline bench and a few cardio pieces. The jungle is sweet and along with a few utility benches it offers a lot of options. We have only upper body hammer, but row, pulldown, low press, inc press, shoulder press and preacher curl. So, the basics and a bunch of steel.

Hawk

Comment

Working...