• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

T3 negates hgh anabolism

1: J Hepatol. 1996 Mar;24(3):313-9. Related Articles, Links

Effects of long-term growth hormone (GH) and triiodothyronine (T3) administration on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance in normal man.

Wolthers T, Grofte T, Moller N, Vilstrup H, Jorgensen JO.

Department of Medicine M (Endocrinology and Diabetes), Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark.

BACKGROUND/AIMS: A decline in urea excretion is seen following long-term growth hormone administration, reflecting overall protein anabolism. Conversely, hyperthyroidism is characterized by increased urea synthesis and negative nitrogen metabolism. These seemingly opposite effects are presumed to reflect different actions on peripheral protein metabolism. The extent to which these hormonal systems have different direct effects on hepatic urea genesis has not been fully characterized. METHODS: We measured urea nitrogen synthesis rates and blood alanine levels concomitantly before, during, and after a 4-h constant intravenous infusion of alanine (2 mmol.kg bw-1.h-1). Urea nitrogen synthesis rate was estimated hourly as urinary excretion corrected for gut hydrolysis and accumulation in body water. The slope of the linear relationship between urea nitrogen synthesis rate and alanine concentration represents the liver function as to conversion of amino-N, and is denoted the functional hepatic nitrogen clearance. Eight normal male subjects (age 21-27 years; body mass index 22.4-27.0 kg/m2) were randomly studied four times: 1) after 10 days of subcutaneous saline injections, 2) after 10 days of subcutaneous growth hormone injections (0.1 IU/kg per day), 3) after 10 days of triiodothyronine administration (40 micrograms on even dates, 20 micrograms on uneven dates) and 4) after 10 days given 2)+3). All injections were given at 20 00 h. RESULTS: Growth hormone decreased functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (l/h) by 30% (from 33.8 +/- 3.2 l/h (control) to 23.8 +/- 1.5 l/h (10 days growth hormone) (mean +/- SE) (ANOVA; p < 0.01)). Triiodothyronine did not change functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (36.7 +/- 3.2 l/h), but triiodothyronine given together with growth hormone abolished the effect of growth hormone functional hepatic nitrogen clearance (38.8 +/- 4.8 l/h). CONCLUSIONS: The results show that long-term growth hormone administration acts on liver by decreasing functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, thereby retaining amino-N in the body. Triiodothyronine has no effect on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, but given together with growth hormone, it abolishes the effect of growth hormone on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance. A possible mechanism is the known effect of thyroid hormones in reducing the bioavailability of insulin-like growth factor-I. Thus, the effects of growth hormone and triiodothyronine on amino-N homeostasis are interdependent and to some extent exerted via interplay in their regulation of liver function as to amino-N conversion.

Publication Types:
    Clinical Trial
    Randomized Controlled Trial

PMID: 8778198 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle
  • rado

The results show that long-term growth hormone administration acts on liver by decreasing functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, thereby retaining amino-N in the body. Triiodothyronine has no effect on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance, but given together with growth hormone, it abolishes the effect of growth hormone on functional hepatic nitrogen clearance.

I know this is english; but I get it

Comment

• FContact
      • Oct 2003

good study Lifts.......

Disclaimer: PremierMuscle and FContact do not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• water43
        Vet
        • Mar 2010

i'm sure that this says something that need to know! but i seem to have a mental block , so can some interperet this and post what it means since i'll be trying t3/gh to cut! thanks
        the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by water43
          i'm sure that this says something that need to know! but i seem to have a mental block , so can some interperet this and post what it means since i'll be trying t3/gh to cut! thanks
          T3 aids hgh in cutting but somewhat inhibits anabolism aka growth from hgh.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• water43
            Vet
            • Mar 2010

thanks alot bros! thats clears it up for me.
            the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Very good info.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• evolutionpep

Very good! Thank You Liftsiron!

Comment

• willi
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Good Thread! Number-LL had actually alerted me to this some time ago.

Comment

• Shinobi
                    Vet
                    • Mar 2010

And what if you take T3 on a cycle that doesn't contain GH? Also block the anabolism? Doesn't T3 was suppose to increase protein syntheses?

Comment

• liftsiron
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Shinobi
                      And what if you take T3 on a cycle that doesn't contain GH? Also block the anabolism? Doesn't T3 was suppose to increase protein syntheses?
                      Using T3 with HGH will increase the fat burning effect of hgh but seems to reduce the anabolic effect of the hgh. Steroids help to reduce the catabolic effect of T3, but even on gear if you take to much T3 you will experience some muscle loss.
                      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• myosaurus
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2014

what about taking T4 while on growth? will it enhance gains and fat loss?

Comment

• liftsiron
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by myosaurus
                          what about taking T4 while on growth? will it enhance gains and fat loss?
                          T4 needs to convert to to T3 before it has any effect in the body, so you may as well use T3 imo. I have seen a number of threads saying use T4 with hgh instead of T3, none of them make any sense to me.
                          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• liftsiron
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2003

Bump!
                            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Joe0690
                              Vet
                              • Mar 2007

The only thing I have read is higher go levelsl cause the body to covert more t4 to t3 and that's the be if it of using t4 cause ur body will use more of it also that there some other mechanism at work that I don't understand that's benificial for the t4 to convert to t3 rather then just taking t3

Comment

Working...