hitting my stride

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

hitting my stride

Today, a student said, "Mr. _____, you are so laid back and relaxed, how do you do it?" I laughed.
    I replied, "Listen, there's nothing any of you can say or do that will get inside me, it just won't happen. I am reaping the rewards of years of work and planning, and my future plans are falling in line, so I am content. You should be more concerned with where you will be in five years."

Funny how I was always in a hurry to get nowhere, now I can't find enough time in the day, but I'm not in a rush anymore. I am 48, fit, low blood pressure, low cholesterol, don't smoke, and only drink about a six-pack of beer and a few glasses of wine a month.

Does that make me boring?
    Have I lost it?
    Where to go from here?
  • JrMaFia
    BANNED for being a JETS fan
    • Oct 2007

No your priorities are straight and your happy you don't need to find solice in liqour and beer and u are laid back nothing wrong with that that is how i am
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
    Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever !
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
    Cassidy: Crue!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
    Cassidy: Def Lep!
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around & ruin it all.
    Cassidy: Like theres something wrong, why not just have a good time?
    Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.

Comment

• TheChosen1
      Vet
      • Jan 2004

I know what you mean, bro.

A year ago, my job had me see their doctor. According to him, I had one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel. He claimed that I had everything from high blood pressure to diabetes to a bad heart. When the human resource rep told me that, I told her, "He's as crazy as a retard and so are you if you believe him considering that I've never seen him before until now. Ten years ago, I was in the country's most stressful job.....law enforcement. I ate greasy, Southern cooked food that was cooked in lard, I smoked cigars, I drank at least twice a week, I exercised about 4 times a month, and was married. Now, I exercise 3 to 4 times a week, powerlifting and cardio, don't smoke, seldom drink (once every 3 months if that much), and quit fast foods 2 years ago. I bench 100 pounds more than my weight. Even my doctor tells me that I'm healthier than any of her other patients." The winch didn't know what to say.
      "Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL!!"

TheChosen1
      2012 A.P.F Ca. State Champion &
      2 Class Record Holder (Deadlift)
      Platinum VIP@theVIPboard

Secured addy:TheChosen1@safe-mail.net

Comment

• Rajincajun
        Vet
        • May 2007

I know what your feeling. I'm 40 and felt the same way to a point. My life is set and I know the path i'm on. So to inject something into my life I hooked up with a 25 yr old. It's been nothing but fun times and it's getting better. LOL!!!
        48? It's only the beginning.
        In life I fail and fail again, that's why I succeed..

Comment

• mrhtbd

now that's an option worth looking into!

Comment

• willie2
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Rajincajun
            I know what your feeling. I'm 40 and felt the same way to a point. My life is set and I know the path i'm on. So to inject something into my life I hooked up with a 25 yr old. It's been nothing but fun times and it's getting better. LOL!!!
            Now thats how to enjoy growing Old....lmfao

Comment

• Domenic963

That's why I want to get into the lifelong habit of hittin the gym,
              so by the time I'm old & 40 .. I can pull some young tail =P

Yea I called 40 OLD.

Comment

Working...