X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ligirl

Coffee and Estrogen/Article

Coffee and Estrogen/Article
    Coffee Raises Estrogen Levels

Drinking more than two cups of coffee each day may worsen endometriosis and breast pain, say researchers from Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Dr Daniel W Cramer and his colleagues found that women who drank the most coffee had 70% higher levels of a hormone called estradiol, a natural form of estrogen, during the first five days of their menstrual cycle. According to the researchers, elevated levels of this hormone "would not be beneficial for women who for example have endometriosis, breast pain and family histories of breast or ovarian cancer, especially arising premenopausally." Kramer recommends, "Such women should be discouraged from consuming more than two cups of coffee per day."

SOURCE/REFERENCE: Fertility and Sterility 2001; 76:723-729
  • Atherjen

yikes!! Im guilty. I usually have 3 cups a day

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Good article, I know of a few girls who can't use eca's because the eca causes a painful flare up of fibrecystic breast tumors. These same girls leave coffee and eca's alone and they do fine.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• bigjay

This is only for females right? I mean coffee doesn't increase estrogen in males right? might be a stupid question, but I need to know...

Also how many mg. of nolva should I take if I'm running 7-41 cups/week at 200mg caffine per cup?

Comment

• rubberduckyo

Originally posted by bigjay
          This is only for females right? I mean coffee doesn't increase estrogen in males right? might be a stupid question, but I need to know...

Also how many mg. of nolva should I take if I'm running 7-41 cups/week at 200mg caffine per cup?
          Terrible. Just terrible.......

Comment

• Naughty Nurse

Originally posted by rubberduckyo
            Terrible. Just terrible.......
            lol!!

Comment

Working...