Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Journals and Member Photos > Training Journals
User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #46
Dawgpound_Hank

So you can skullcrush as much as you bench then? I understand the reasoning about being leary of going heavy always, but its just the disparity that jumps out. I mean, that 115 x 8 must be SOOOO easy, whats the point? I can see dropping down to 160 or 170 x 8, but all the way down to 115? You could probably rep that 30x if you choose, so why do a set thats so easy? Just curious.

p.s - I honestly would have to see with my own eyes the teens you speak of skullcrushing 250 (I'm assuming for reps bcoz nobody does a single max on this exercise). Sorry, don't wanna sound like a dick!lol Thats TWO 45 lb plates AND a 25 lb plate on each side of the EZ curl bar. I've been in many of gyms in my day, and that would be a first.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #47
mth498

mth498 is on a distinguished road
Well i pretty much start off all my sets low, pretty much just for the stretch loosin up my muslces that i am going to be focusing that exercise on.

It is pretty incredible with these teens. I mean they look like they would not beable to lift anything. But they are incredibly strong. I did not beleive it my self untill i see them actually doing what they were doing.

Alot of people will say my dad bullshits and he is in his 60s been working out for around a year now and he deadlifts from the floor now over 500lbs and he is natural.

I think people rely on roids to early to get power and to acheive size, but they dont have the power naturally that you can get from spending time in the gym naturally building your bodys power up. Now that i see these kids, my father doing weights that these guys on juice are doing and struggling, it makes for a good conversation. Shit i no 2 guys that work out on a playground gymnasium and they are huge and dont go to the gym at all. He can drop down and do 400 push ups in 6 minutes. Its all about building your body up naturally first.

If i can i will post videos of these kids, my dad, myself doing these workouts. I will even ask the 2 i no that just workout on the playground to show off their power. They actually look better, more solid and alot stronger then probley most of the people you see in the gym. I will get videos of it all.
mth498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #48
mth498

Dawgpound no worries about sounding mean or anything lol. I do not take anything to heart and i guess i can see what you say what you say, it does make sense. You can state your opinion when ever and how ever you would like broski.

I just never really notice how hard these exercises can be to others. Curling heavy always came easy to me at the age of 16, i remember curling over 100lbs and then seeing the guy from MTV True Life curl 100lbs and go see that was not even hard for me. And then im just a kid curling that naturally and i was like wth.

I also notice alot of guys the run juice, they do low weights like 30lb curls, and do alot of reps and they grow big because of the steroids, but they cant lift heavy weights at all. I dont no if you ever notice that.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #49
Dawgpound_Hank

Some good info you posted there my man. I completely agree with you about so many using gear too soon. While your lifts are great, they are believable. Same with your dad - incredible feat for his age, yet still believable. I've seen many feats in my time bro from Anthony Clark reverse benching 700+ at the gym I went to in VA, to my boy who I spotted too many times to count squatting 800+ for 5, to name a couple.

The teens you speak of skull-crushing 250 I would have to see it to believe it. Assuming you mean for reps, as I don't know anyone that would be idiotic enuff to do a single max on skullcrushers.lol Moreso, that its 2 teens that don't even look like they work out makes it even more unbelievable. You post a vid of them if you get a chance - that would be a hit on youtube fosho!

p.s - Just for the helluva it, what do you see those 2 guys benching?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #50
mth498

lol you may be right bro. I was talking to them earlyer today. They were benching. They load the machine up to 350lbs. BUTTTTT these 2 dont bench to the chest, they come down very little and then go up. I told them that they were waisting their time.

The skull crushers i have seen this done correctly. I will get you a vid man.

That reverse bench sounds crazy man, i never seen anything like that before. There is a guy i no that won jay cutlers competition a few years back. I never really see this guy lift heavy, but he juices quite a bit, he always does light weight but aton of reps. You no anything about that? Taking juice but just doing like 40lb curls for a lot of reps but yet you still get big?