Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Over 50 and beyond.
User Name
Password

Old 12-20-2019, 11:38 PM   #16
Mobman702
VET

Mobman702 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
Congrats brother, and good luck with everything, very awesome of you! If you get time, stop in and give us updates

Glad to see the trt continued, you will feel good with it. All I do most of the year is measly 10-30mg/d sub-q slin pin injects, and it is awesome. I'll be 44 soon, so it's cool to see posts like this.

I love the gym and the lifestyle, but get tired of it too. I am more of a slacker these days than a gymrat...for better or worse.

Good luck man, we'll always have the light on for ya for updates and any returns
Thanks so much for the positive feedback MR. BMJ, it sure will go a long way in my transition period.. This has been a major part of the MOBS life for nearly 30yrs so no quitting here, just changing things up a bit.. I will be around still and will post updates and progress pics once it starts.
Mobman702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #17
Mobman702
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
You will like the new feel after some time. Your cardio will get much better and that will open up a lot for you.
Thats for sure, my cardio SUCKS and has for quite sometime once I went over the 215lb limit. Hoping for good things on this new adventure.. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #18
jrod

jrod will become famous soon enough
The best part is how much better sleep is!
I’m never going to bulk back up again. I couldn’t sleep on my back without my arms going numb and I had sleep apnea.
I sleep great now and don’t snore.
So what if you’re not huge anymore. I didn’t like “looking small” but it’s all mental.
You will physically feel better, the mental part will come later.
Smart decision, very smart.
Keep us updated as oft as you can.
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:15 PM   #19
Mobman702
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
The best part is how much better sleep is!
I’m never going to bulk back up again. I couldn’t sleep on my back without my arms going numb and I had sleep apnea.
I sleep great now and don’t snore.
So what if you’re not huge anymore. I didn’t like “looking small” but it’s all mental.
You will physically feel better, the mental part will come later.
Smart decision, very smart.
Keep us updated as oft as you can.

I believe you are correct on all of this.. Since I've stopped all gear since mid Nov, I am sleeping better, not snoring as much if at all at times, my blood pressure is back in the normal range etc.. Looking smaller will be more the mental challenge I feel, but it will pass in time just like all things do.. Thanks for the positive input bud.. MOB...
Old 01-04-2020, 02:00 PM   #20
01dragonslayer
Banned

01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough01dragonslayer is a jewel in the rough
Lookin' big my good friend. It takes alot courage, strength, and humility to go where your going and I applaud and admire decision. Please keep in touch, keep us posted on how your doing and stay on the boards. If you need anything I will do my best to help and you know there are many others that will as well. You have to take care of #1 to provide from those you love and mean the most to you. You know where I am if you need anything.....01.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobman702 View Post
Hey all:

This is my last pic in the summer of 2019 at the age of 55. I have decided to retire from all BEAST MODE cycling and just reduce my training to moderate where I will be more leaner at a lesser weight. Soon to be 56 here and having some health issues come about over the last 6 months along with major high blood pressure concerns and with good discussions with the wife, family and friends, it was in my best interest to step back. I was 5'9 and 222lbs in this pic and I loved it however, they are other things in ones life other then being BIG and that is where the MOB is at.

The hard part will be hearing all the BS on how I lost weight, looking small yada yada yada but it will pass as times moves on like all things do. I'm just gonna do my TRT as planned and revamp the training routine along with the diet so next summer's pic of the MOB will be a more leaner and chiseled machine (I hope). This all starts Jan 2nd so I am just resting this old body for now till then. Thanks to my good friend 01dragonslayer for all his support and help over the last year, he is a true friend and a great asset to Peak Muscle.

I will be around and keeping all updated as the MOB goes through this transition.. PEACE OUT TO ALL..
01dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:54 PM   #21
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
I hope I look that good at 55! Dam! I do wonder what age I will start to chill. I’m 45 now. I don’t mind my CPAP machine or bp medication yet. Lol. At your age I’m surprised that you dropped all AAS. No trt test? What’s your natty levels of test? Did you cycle or blast and cruise? How many years? Your original post made it sound like you were just going stop cycling But you are purposely trying to lose weight? Not going to gym anymore? Say it isn’t so! It’s much easier to maintain size than grow new muscle. I would bet you could stay on a trt and keep most of it with proper diet and training.
Kluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:13 PM   #22
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
MOB I don't know what your health issues are, but if it's only gear related there is no reason you can't maintain a lot of what you have with hard training and sound nutrition bro, AND still be healthy (again, that's contingent on your issues of course). I mean sure genetics plays a role, but if you aren't one of those types of guys who loses 30-50 lbs when OFF completely, I see no reason why you still can't look great considering how you look in your pics. What kind of ballpark bdwt # do you have in mind of getting down to? Best wishes for overcoming your health issues brother, and also achieving your goals.

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 01-05-2020 at 06:20 PM..
Dawgpound_Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #23
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Btw I think I mentioned in your other thread - that shirt kicks ass. I see 5% - is that from Piana's site? You have the exact link if so? Thanks.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:02 PM   #24
Mobman702
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluso View Post
I hope I look that good at 55! Dam! I do wonder what age I will start to chill. I’m 45 now. I don’t mind my CPAP machine or bp medication yet. Lol. At your age I’m surprised that you dropped all AAS. No trt test? What’s your natty levels of test? Did you cycle or blast and cruise? How many years? Your original post made it sound like you were just going stop cycling But you are purposely trying to lose weight? Not going to gym anymore? Say it isn’t so! It’s much easier to maintain size than grow new muscle. I would bet you could stay on a trt and keep most of it with proper diet and training.
Yes bro, I am just gonna do my TRT dose along with a anti aging does of HGH from now on.. Not gonna quit as you were thinking as I could never handle that at all.. Been in this game since the mid 80's on and off so the MOB cant quit whats been part of his life mostly.. I am hoping to gain some good results with this change just at a lesser stressful level and take things a bit more loosely. My natty levels are usually lower then 300 so TRT is a must for me. Training will be modified from the beast mode level to more circut training to build up my cardio and become more leaner. I took the last 2 months off everything to let the body rest and clean out so hoping it responds well to the new gig.. MOB..
Old 01-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #25
Mobman702
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerKy View Post
MOB I don't know what your health issues are, but if it's only gear related there is no reason you can't maintain a lot of what you have with hard training and sound nutrition bro, AND still be healthy (again, that's contingent on your issues of course). I mean sure genetics plays a role, but if you aren't one of those types of guys who loses 30-50 lbs when OFF completely, I see no reason why you still can't look great considering how you look in your pics. What kind of ballpark bdwt # do you have in mind of getting down to? Best wishes for overcoming your health issues brother, and also achieving your goals.
Hey Jerky, Thanks for the input.. I am one that for some reason, I get thin and flat when I stop training and since I've stopped all gear and training in Nov, I've lost 15lbs so far. My body does respond to training quickly once I start and the size and look come back relatively fast. I am targeting a body weight of 205-210 lbs and hoping to get my bodyfat level down to a 10% ratio I hope. Its just gonna take discipline and determination to stay focus and on track to my plan and not go off that grid. Once I do see the progress I am targeting, I feel it will be second nature to continue that path.. My health issues have already seen improvement since I have taken this break as well. I will keep all posted as time moves forward... MOB...
Old 01-05-2020, 07:13 PM   #26
Mobman702
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerKy View Post
Btw I think I mentioned in your other thread - that shirt kicks ass. I see 5% - is that from Piana's site? You have the exact link if so? Thanks.
It is from Rich's line for sure.. He was one true dude who told it like it is with NO bullshit.. He was one of a kind and a BEAST for sure.. Here is the link.

https://5percentnutrition.com
Old 01-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #27
Kluso
Vet

Kluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura aboutKluso has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Yes bro, I am just gonna do my TRT dose along with a anti aging does of HGH from now on.. Not gonna quit as you were thinking as I could never handle that at all.. Been in this game since the mid 80's on and off so the MOB cant quit whats been part of his life mostly.. I am hoping to gain some good results with this change just at a lesser stressful level and take things a bit more loosely. My natty levels are usually lower then 300 so TRT is a must for me. Training will be modified from the beast mode level to more circut training to build up my cardio and become more leaner. I took the last 2 months off everything to let the body rest and clean out so hoping it responds well to the new gig.. MOB..
Oh excellent! Yeah. I was thinking low test is not healthy either. Glad to here you staying on trt and still hitting the gym. Didn’t make a lot of sense man. Unless I physically couldn’t go to gym I’m going. Pain or no pain I still make myself go but will take it easy if I have to. Hopefully I will still be in the gym till the day I die you know! But that’s great man. Again I hope I look that good at 55. That does sound like a good age to step back a notch. Hopefully my health allows me to last that long! Excited to see how your body changes to the knew training style and PED protocol. Please post pics of your progress!

Last edited by Kluso; 01-05-2020 at 08:05 PM..
Old 01-07-2020, 01:32 PM   #28
Dawgpound_Hank

Quote:
It is from Rich's line for sure.. He was one true dude who told it like it is with NO bullshit.. He was one of a kind and a BEAST for sure.. Here is the link.

https://5percentnutrition.com
Appreciate it!
Old 01-07-2020, 04:16 PM   #29
Friggemall

Life is what is important, live it well in the new you. You already have positives taking hold, sleeping & feeling better. A good board friend once told me when I was going through a struggle that this new direction "won't be as good as where you were, but it will be better in it's own way". I'm 58 and one day I am going to make the same decision as you have done. (I have several times but never left satisfied because I didn't get where I wanted to before stopping). Wish you the best!
Old 01-07-2020, 07:24 PM   #30
Kluso
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggemall View Post
Life is what is important, live it well in the new you. You already have positives taking hold, sleeping & feeling better. A good board friend once told me when I was going through a struggle that this new direction "won't be as good as where you were, but it will be better in it's own way". I'm 58 and one day I am going to make the same decision as you have done. (I have several times but never left satisfied because I didn't get where I wanted to before stopping). Wish you the best!
That’s what my problem is gonna be. I wish I had started this journey when I was younger. Feel like I would be way bigger by now but had my demons. If I keep making gains even at my age now and if they continue it will make it hard to stop. Now if I was already maxed out genetically it would make it easier to stop. I just don’t know if I will ever be satisfied with my size. Could just be body dismorpha too. Lol.